Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have you seen this video from Ned-B?

NED BUNNELL: Caution: Photography can increase anxiety & stress

..a very funny video.
Hopefully DP Review knows what impact they have on the readers..

11-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sure funny stuff. Testing addicted gear buyers. LOL.

I think old Ned is a little off base making fun of it on his blog. Sure some people take "testing" to an extreme, and they do nothing but shoot test charts. But, Pentax has had some serious QA issues over the last few yeas. K20D with hot pixels, K-7 with "the green line", 16-50 DA* with de-centered elements. SDM failures. K10D's with crooked viewfinders.

All of this just pushes people to do their own QA. Who on this forum has bought the 16-50, and NOT checked that it is sharp across the frame? If I was spending top dollar on Pentax's best I would not expect that I should confirm the lens is assembled corectly. But, with the number of problems people have, it looks like this is what Pentax expects people to do.

So, are we looking at an obsesive compulsive guy in a testing frenzy, or is he just a consumer driven to the brink by crummy QA standards.

Nothing funny about crappy QA.
11-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I find this video to be hilarious. I am convinced with Photography, like other hobby/interests..there are those who spend all of their time agonizing about the gear, settings, etc and there are those who know how to work with what they have and do it well. The can's versus the can not's

Jason
11-26-2009, 12:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I'd really like to see Ned possibly do better to pass on Pentax users concerns about full manual video mode, considering his role with the company his word would carry a lot more weight.