Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #1

why only web video of the k7?

Hi
why all i can see here are web videos of the k7 on youtube or vimeo?
could you plase post a link to some raw videos... hot from the "oven"?

ps.
by the web videos it looks like that the video is good for slow motion.
when you have some fast motion it gets too much blurry (more than is should). no?

11-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't know much about video so take this with a grain of salt but if I understand correctly, the blurriness is accounted for by the shutter speed used when recording videos much like the shutter speed when taking stills. Unfortunately, the k7 doesn't allow full manual control.
11-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What do you mean by "web video" and "raw video"?
Also, do you realise that the file-sizes from a video straight off the camera and not downsized and resampled for web use would be extremely large? I shot a 1min 25s video at 720P and 3star quality, and that video file was about 450mb; something that's not entirely practical to share, in that form anyway.
11-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
...Also, do you realise that the file-sizes from a video straight off the camera and not downsized and resampled for web use would be extremely large?
Indeed.

Perhaps the OP could just go into a camera store with a fast Sandisk SDHC card, and ask the assistant if they could just run off a 1 minute video test using the K-x, and do some simple pans and scans around the store for a minute or two. That would probably be the most practical way to obtain a full 'raw' K-x video sample. Given their ginormous file size (eg 1GB or more for many of mine), I don't think it is realistic to upload them anywhere.

11-29-2009, 06:27 AM   #5
Banned

The original large AVI file (up to 500mb) is on Vimeo for a week after uploading with a free account.