Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
btw, this was craploads better than "the Rider" one Pentax put up on their facebook page. That looked like it was done by a guy w/ a P&S cam or camcorder, so I have no idea why Pentax decided to showcase it. They should be showcasing yours instead :-)

02-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
editing software?

Hi Fly-Focus,

Fantastic video! Just the right amount of edits, the proper variety of the various aspects of fly fishing to entice the viewer. Loved it.

My technical question for you - what software did you use for editing?

I'm using a Mac with Final Cut Pro so I'm very interested in this camera to expand my business offerings.

Cheers,
Keebler
02-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #33

Original Poster
@ kenyee: Thanks, I wouldnエt object if pentax wanted to showcase my video ;-)...

@ Keebler: At the moment Iエm using Magix Video deluxe 16 on my PC, Iエm quite satisfied with this setup, but if I would have enough money Iエd rather like to have a Mac with FCP like you do... In my opinion the Software in videography plays a more insignificant role that it actually does in photography, with photoshop you can "repair" a failed shot, videography is more similar to "film-photography"... you have to look into a motive before you take the shot, if you donエt do that you canエt repair the footage with your Software... that makes videography very challenging and time-consuming but especially interesting!
The K-7 delivers great footage out-of-cam, with a little editing youエll be amazed of itエs prospects!
02-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #34
Site Supporter

thanks FlyFocus!

I'm looking to sell my K100D and already have 3 or 4 inquiries so I might be biting the bullet on the K7.

One important question for you if you don't mind:

how does the lack of autofocus during the video recording impact? You can manually focus during the video right?

I just read a review that the lack of AF can be an issue. I'm wondering how it would impact and if I should wait for then next version or if it's a firmware thing they can update?

02-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #35

WOW! That is an AMAZING video, and I dont even fish.

REALLY nice work! by far the best i've seen with the k-7
02-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I cannot believe I have been so narrow minded to the possibilities that a dslr with video can unlock!
You have really helped open my eyes to this world! The video and what it represents is just fantastic! Sehr gut!
And thank you for posting! Wow!
02-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #37

Original Poster
glad to hear that you like my footage! Thanks for the commendations!

@ Keebler: Forget about auto-focus when shooting video, you wouldnエt have the full control over the focus, he actually does what he wantエs to do. On top of that most of the time the auto-focus is too slow...
hope I could help you.

Cheers
Marcus

03-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #38
Inactive Account

dude...that is awesome!loved the vid.
its making me want to try some videography of my own,i got the gear,just no idea
03-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #39
Veteran Member

You really did a fantastic job. Congrats! Makes me want to shoot more video with my K-7.
03-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by FLY-FOCUS Quote
...my first filming-project, itエs a trailer...

For a first project you did a hell of a job. Congrats, keep up the good work!
03-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Fantastic work
03-27-2010, 05:19 AM   #42
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Nice clip, and well matched to the music, which really improves the atmosphere. The only part which is out of place is the clip of the fisherman in B&W. I think the whole clip would be improved by leaving this out or leaving it in colour.

Thanks for posting this - it really makes me want the K7 more! The only thing I'm a little concerned about was the way some of the motion seemed to be "slow motion" or at least the sections in motion didn't seem to be as smooth as they should be. Viewed on a TV instead of an HD monitor it probably wouldn't be noticeable...
04-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #43

What camera did you use at 59 sec? because that looks like 60p or some kinda of slow motion.
04-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #44
Veteran Member

You know, I really must get a K-7 to try out all this video stuff. Have people seen:
There is also a Making Of that is quite informative. Do check these out.

EDIT: Wow, that embedded the video without me asking.
04-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Very cool video, you did a great job filming it. Although I would have been nervous getting my K7 that close to the water.lol