Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2010, 04:44 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Anymore people using the X2 cards with the K-7 ? I think I might get one now that it shows it's compatibility with a green checkmark.
Pentax Compatibility Table | Support
I have the X2 PRO and it works as advertized. Haven't benchmarked it yet. My Wifi is slow and so is the card though.

A must say a nice thing about Eye-Fi customer support!

I originally ordered an X2 Explore card from the US as it was advertized to support RAW on their website. Two month later I found out it wouldn't support RAW though and their website was fixed to reflect the fact.

I contacted customer support and explained that I bought the Explore card for RAW support and cannot simply return the card as it was from the US. Their service was just awesome! They confirmed there was an error on their website for a couple of days. I could return the card to the UK and received a PRO card free of charge from the US.

06-23-2010, 05:52 AM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I have the X2 PRO and it works as advertized. Haven't benchmarked it yet. My Wifi is slow and so is the card though.

I originally ordered an X2 Explore card from the US as it was advertized to support RAW on their website. Two month later I found out it wouldn't support RAW though and their website was fixed to reflect the fact.

I contacted customer support and explained that I bought the Explore card for RAW support and cannot simply return the card as it was from the US. Their service was just awesome! They confirmed there was an error on their website for a couple of days. I could return the card to the UK and received a PRO card free of charge from the US.
That is good of them. Post back when they actually make good on the offer
06-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #63
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote

Thanks Falk, I will order the 8GB Eye-Fi Pro X2 .
07-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #64

K20D compatibility

Any word on how it works with a K20D? The website still shows "TBD" though K20D also recently had a firmware update WRT SDHC compatibility.

07-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #65
Banned

645D is also compatible, maybe that's why we had the firmware update to our K-7. As a 645D present.
It's slow, for a 645D RAW the timing between taking the shot and being transferred to the pc is some 54 seconds. True a large file, but fast is something else.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY6GdxDyP1w[/YT]
08-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #66
Veteran Member

I've been shooting at 10MP Raw or 4star jpegs to keep the file sizes and xfer time . So far its about 7-9 secs from shutter to laptop using ad hoc.
08-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jboyde Quote
I've been shooting at 10MP Raw or 4star jpegs to keep the file sizes and xfer time . So far its about 7-9 secs from shutter to laptop using ad hoc.
Does the laptop have a traditional hard disk or SSD? Have you tried setting up a ramdisk and using it to write to?

Thank you
Russell

08-19-2010, 02:21 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Dunno what eyefi card that guy has, but is seems he is getting the jpegs from the 645D in about three seconds. Either it is rendering very small jpegs, or that is some new custom eyefi card as that seems awfully fast.

The K7's jpegs should take about five seconds.
Now why someone is getting slower transfer times... what network protocol are you using. 802.11b? i.e. if it is an older wireless network card your transfer rate will be limited. Also affecting speed could be the number of wireless devices in your area. If you are for instance in a condo with several wireless devices nearby, interference will cause slow network performance. As will the obvious issue of distance and obstacles such as walls.

Of course other factors as mentioned - very slow hard drive or slow machine.

Ah, also re-read, "from shutter to laptop" -- there is some lag between shutter and actual transfer time.
I suspect it could be part of a sleep/wakeup cycle to save battery life, but there is sometimes several seconds delay before the image starts to transfer to the PC. Hopefully at that point the transfer speed is better.

Last edited by amoringello; 08-19-2010 at 02:54 AM.
08-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #69
Inactive Account

On average, you should get wireless transfer speeds of 10-15 megabits per second. So a 10Megabyte file should take about 5 seconds. I would echo what some of the other posters mentioned about taking RAW + JPEG and having the JPEG photos wirelessly transferred.

- Eye-Fi Support
08-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #70

I want my money back!!

I bought a 4gb X2 to use in my K7...

after multiple installs.... fiddling with my routers firewall settings, messing with anti-virus settings to allow eye.fi....NOTHING

The card does not even work outside the camera as indicated

QuoteQuote:
When an Eye-Fi Card has power it will attempt to upload files via a known and configured wireless network.
The install was all happy happy joy joy... configure network...sees my network.... take picture... NOTHING...

take card out of camera... power up laptop..... place USB reader right next to my wireless router.... still no file transfer....NOTHING....

Images are recorded on the card.... just not transferred...

Nothing... nada... zilch...

I want my money back... plus compensation for the time I wasted trying to get this POS to work...
08-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Called tech support? They seem unusually proactive, given that they're even replying to threads here.
08-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #72
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by zentrickster Quote
I want my money back!!

I bought a 4gb X2 to use in my K7...

after multiple installs.... fiddling with my routers firewall settings, messing with anti-virus settings to allow eye.fi....NOTHING

The card does not even work outside the camera as indicated

The install was all happy happy joy joy... configure network...sees my network.... take picture... NOTHING...

take card out of camera... power up laptop..... place USB reader right next to my wireless router.... still no file transfer....NOTHING....

Images are recorded on the card.... just not transferred...

Nothing... nada... zilch...

I want my money back... plus compensation for the time I wasted trying to get this POS to work...
If the card is not transferring pictures even when it is plugged into the Eye-Fi USB reader, then there's trouble somewhere else. The card is unable to talk to the Eye-Fi Helper software on your computer. We would be happy to troubleshoot this for you: Contact Eye-Fi Customer Care | Support

Common things to check for:
- is the Eye-Fi Helper running on your computer?
- Do you have MAC address filtering turned on? If so, have you added the Eye-Fi card's MAC address to the approved list?

You seem to have already checked off the firewall and anti-virus potential items.

- Eye-Fi Support
08-23-2010, 02:16 AM   #73

I don't want to quote the previous message to preserve some instances of help...

But.......

I want my money back!!!

The simple set up etc..does not work on my pc
08-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #74
Inactive Account

If you bought it from Eye-Fi, we will be happy to refund you the money. If you bought it from a retailer, you will have to return it through them.

BTW, are you showing RAW or JPEG pictures. Only the Pro X2 will wirelessly transfer RAW pictures.
11-29-2010, 03:19 AM   #75

Hi everyone! As a K7 Owner I was following the compatibility discussions over here: Today (Nov.29-2010) I was able to test an Eye-Fi "Connect-X2" firmware 4.2120, hardware revision 1, 3886/32 MB, Marvell 8786 firmware version 12.55.6.p100, which definitely does NOT work in my K7 (Firmware 1.10) => "MemoryCard Error"