Photos: Gallery | Albums
B and H

HAs them on sale and it ends today....99.00 I picked one up this afternoon
IT ends today Nov 29th.

11-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Never had a problem in my K7.
Never had a problem in the K5 until I upgraded to the new firmware.

Intermittently (more than 50%) I now get memory card errors.
I used the card all day Saturday, but Sunday I could not get the camera to turn on without an error.

From what Eye-Fi has told me, the reason they keep the Pentax line as not-compataible on their chart is because each firmware upgrade seems to change behavior.
They say they're working with Pentax to resolve the issues, but I don't know how much Pentax really cares. I hope this can get resolved.
11-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #78
Inactive Account

K-7 owners, if you have an Eye-Fi X2 card and are running into issues with the 4.2120 version of the firmware, please email us at support@eye.fi with the MAC address of your Eye-Fi card and we will set a version of the firmware that works with the K7.

We are working with Pentax on resolving this issue, but this version will get you up and running now.
11-30-2010, 04:10 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
How do you get the MAC address from the card? EyeFi Center doesn't seem to have an option to show it (I'm sure I'm missing something obvious).

Any chance this might also cover the K5?

12-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
$49.99 for Eye-Fi Explore X2 8GB SD

FYI for Canadian Pentaxians.

I just bought the Eye-Fi Explore X2 8GB SD for $49.99 from Blacks's Photography. Looks like a good price to me. Look forward to trying it out with my K-7. (Did in store pickup, haven't picked up yet)

Great to see Eye-Fi is providing support directly in this thread, for the few having trouble.
12-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WiseOx Quote
FYI for Canadian Pentaxians.

I just bought the Eye-Fi Explore X2 8GB SD for $49.99 from Blacks's Photography. Looks like a good price to me. Look forward to trying it out with my K-7. (Did in store pickup, haven't picked up yet)

Great to see Eye-Fi is providing support directly in this thread, for the few having trouble.
Heck Ya! Canada Rocks!... (no pun intended) ;( I'm tempted to buy it... but I'd rather get a Pro for the RAW. I shoot a K-X but it's no where on the compatibility list so I might have to wait it out and just get a 8GB or 16GB normal card.
12-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Agreed, RAW would be nice....but for now, it's not worth the extra $100 to me. When the Pro drops in price, I'll give this one to da wife.
12-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WiseOx Quote
Agreed, RAW would be nice....but for now, it's not worth the extra $100 to me. When the Pro drops in price, I'll give this one to da wife.
Hehe! I'd totally use it on a point and shoot still though. It would sound very convenient actually, to have a camera that fits in your pocket that has infinite memory.

Actually I'm more drawn to this product because I've always wanted a GPS on my photos, but this isn't a dedicated GPS, it is a GPS + more.

That is still a good price! Even for a Christmas present YAY.

02-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #84
Banned

Eye-Fi Pro X2

Nice information you have presented there about Eye-Fi Pro X2. How much does it cost?
02-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #85

google it and then do a product search.. Thats how much it costs.