Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K-X first video

I got my white Pentax K-X yesterday and it is so good. But first a bit of an introduction, i'm Sean von Stockhausen 19 years old from the Netherlands. I am an aspirant Director and i bought the K-X because of the soft image and DOF. It's so amazing, please enjoy my first video!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpNSKSDhbl4[/YT]
Comments and Critiques are welcome!

01-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum! Video looks great; I like your post-processing effects.

- Jason
01-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #3

video looks great! the girl is very beautiful. the place is also very nice.
01-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
Banned

Great work on your first KX video , I like it !

01-19-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You make it hard to criticize with such a nice looking model.
01-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you all! for commenting on my work, i appreciate it a lot!
I just love the K-X!
01-20-2010, 12:36 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to hear =) Your video was very nice, good work on it. Please post more if you make anything else

01-20-2010, 02:34 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
@ Netrex because you asked
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOUjYhyf42c[/YT]
This is the Assassin a short a bout a killer with a target.
The sound is acting weird but i will fix this.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up9o3Z48GSo[/YT]
This is the beta test for the first scene of my upcoming movie.
The whole movie will last like an half hour or so, so this one has an adrubpt ending because i couldn't shoot anymore usefull footage.
01-20-2010, 03:51 AM   #9

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting stuff =) A lot on the various forums about photography is so much about the technical aspect of everything, good to see someone just using the equipment to make something of it instead

I'm ArcticExposure on YouTube btw..
01-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nafta Quote
@ Netrex because you asked
This is the Assassin a short a bout a killer with a target.
[Fase 3] This is the beta test for the first scene of my upcoming movie.
Well done. Very promising work.

I'd change the music used for most of The Assassin. The use of such poppy/boppy music just doesn't go with the plot at all and distracts the viewer rather than drawing them into the story. Something slower, more foreboding, a little ambient/classical would work better, IMHO.

Fase 3 is well shot. I look forward to seeing more as the story evolves further.
01-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #11

Is there some frame blending going on in the modelshoot video?
01-21-2010, 01:40 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Well done. Very promising work.

I'd change the music used for most of The Assassin. The use of such poppy/boppy music just doesn't go with the plot at all and distracts the viewer rather than drawing them into the story. Something slower, more foreboding, a little ambient/classical would work better, IMHO.

Fase 3 is well shot. I look forward to seeing more as the story evolves further.
Thanks for your critique! and your right i struggled alot with the sound of the Assassin clip and i don't like it that much. Sound design is a great part of the process and i think it worked better in the Fase 3, which will become awesome since it's a sort of I am legend without the cliché vampires. Just one man in the world alone trying to survive. But i'll update it here when the first one is done which will be around the 30 min mark! which will be shot entirely with the pentax k-x =D

And i don't know what frame blending is, sorry.
01-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
spk

[langtitle=fr]pentax kx video[/langtitle]

I just bought a pentax kx black. I wanted to know if you done some image processing in your short movie?. Looks great by the way cannot wait to try do some movie. keep the good work and can you tell me your setting on the KX i dont know how the video is working for now.

Im from Canada, my name is Karel my mom says she got that we she visited hetherland is there a lot of Karel in netherland just wanna know ?
01-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spk Quote
I just bought a pentax kx black. I wanted to know if you done some image processing in your short movie?. Looks great by the way cannot wait to try do some movie. keep the good work and can you tell me your setting on the KX i dont know how the video is working for now.

Im from Canada, my name is Karel my mom says she got that we she visited hetherland is there a lot of Karel in netherland just wanna know ?
I just set the aperture as low as possible and then just shoot, no AE-lock, but some color filters in After Effects. Have phun with yours! it's a true beauty

And yes Karel is a common name here in The Netherlands.
01-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #15

@nafta
which program do you use for editing?
And which program would you advice to a starter?