Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shooting Video With An DSLR

Sure this centers around another manufacturer but surely the applications will be made to Pentax:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymshZ4behY[/yt]

Really got me excited and second guessing having video with a digital slr camera.
Also a few steel pipes, small barbell, wing nut, large washer and a bicycle grip would make an easy camera steadying device as well but some of this stuff is just so cool.
Can anyone tell us if they have experience with these types of rigs for their K7 or K-x?

Forgive me if this has been posted before.

And now I have a few Canon fans checking my profile and that's okay too.

02-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Banned

I would like to see what setup they had with this K-7 .
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vez7qSrZfpc[/yt]

QuoteQuote:
A mad clown, a crazed woman, magic pills, gunshots and more add up for a fast-paced, riotous adventure. Shot in downtown Denver entirely at night, the film keeps you rooting for a troubled character with a big heart. UNCLE JACK was filmed with the smc PENTAX DA Star 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM, the smc PENTAX DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fish-Eye and the smc PENTAX DA Star 60-250mm F4 ED (IF) SDM lenses.

Stay tuned to www.youtube.com/pentaxian1 for future “behind the scenes interviews” with the filmmakers.
PENTAX News and Press Releases - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
02-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i've worked with a steady stick(belt-mount) on camcorders, taking the weight off of your arms really helps on a long shoot... the extra mounting point helps keep the picture steady.
02-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's crazy expensive.

Even Steadicams aren't that expensive and they're the standard...