Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #1

My old pentax did virtual scenarios for tv/web series

Hi to all Pentaxian friends,

Between 2008 and 2009 I created with 3 friends, a web series called "Carne p'ra Canhão", translating to english: "Cannon Fodder" or "Meat for Cannon".

This series was filmed entirely in chromakey, and the actors were placed in virtual scenography. This scenography was all made of photographs, done with my old pentax k100d, which i'm still using sometimes. The photographs were post processed in after effects, positioned in 3d space. But there's no 3d geometry, all that you see in the screen are photographs, placed in perspective: objects, walls, car miniatures, buildings, roads, lamps... they're all just plain photos.

I want to share with you this to invite you all to participate in my research thesis about virtual scenography. It is very simple, you just have to watch the full episode and answer the questions in the vimeo comments page! Later I will transcribe the answers to my thesis, like an opinion gathering about the scenography of this series.
If you don't have vimeo account, you can answer the questions here, and i will transcribe it later to my paper thesis.

Here follow the questions:
1: Do you work in Video/Film/Animation/Photography?
In which role?

2: Have you ever worked with a project that involved Virtual Scenography?

3: How do you classify the Virtual Scenography of this episode?
a: Very Good |b: Good | c: Regular | d: Bad | e: Very Bad

4: Please comment freely about what you like and don’t like in the Virtual Scenography of this episode of “Carne p’ra Canhão”. (please comment only about the scenography)

Thanks for watching...and many many thanks if you're going to participate!!!

See you soon!

Nuno Barbosa

07-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #2

Original Poster
Thank you very much TheoSixx!!!
I will transcribe all the answers to my thesis, and yours was encouraging!
I agree with you about the necessity of more objects in the city, to get more detail. As After effects is not a real 3d software, all that photos of buildings and roads placed in “3d comps” were very consuming for the computer. I was working in this project everyday at night and going to sleep praying for the computer don’t crash during the renders until morning. That particular city scene crashed about 4 times in 5. So I have to keep it simple sometimes. The room the same thing. The boxes also. By the way, the boxes were 6 images positioned together to make a cube. If it was done now I will do it in a real 3d environment, as I’m learning a little of Cinema 4d. I will helped with real lightning and shadows, that don’t exist.
I hope to have more comments of the rest of the people!
Thank you very very much!!!
07-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
e]

QuoteOriginally posted by TheoSixx Quote
oh yeah- clip this stuff for your records- i'm gonna deleting my contributions in a little while.
no sense leaving morsels of wisdom around to confuse people!
p.
Hmmmmmmm........
Yes, misinformation mixed together with correct information can be confusing, can't it?

Last edited by Parallax; 07-19-2010 at 09:22 AM.
07-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TheoSixx Quote
oh yeah- clip this stuff for your records- i'm gonna deleting my contributions in a little while.
no sense leaving morsels of wisdom around to confuse people!
p.
You don't have to delete it, as i'm going to put the links of the transcribed posts in the document.
If you don't agree with that, that's ok, you can delete it!
Thanks for the imputs again, and i think other people will like to know how things are done.