Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #1

Is it possible to hook up an external monitor on the k-x?

I was just curious because recently I bought a camera jib and it's extremely difficult to know what I am filming without an external monitor but the downfall is that the k-x doesn't have HDMI, etc. All it has is the micro-usb to video cable.

Is it possible to use an external monitor?

Thanks!

07-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've never seen a monitor, as in computer monitor that has a video in connection. I did some research and yes, there are monitors with video connections. Here is one brand. However, can you not hook that up to your tv?

Last edited by photolady95; 07-24-2010 at 11:35 PM.
07-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I've never seen a monitor, as in computer monitor that has a video in connection. I did some research and yes, there are monitors with video connections. Here is one brand. However, can you not hook that up to your tv?

I'm sorry, I meant external monitor as in a little 7 inch monitor for viewing when the camera is hooked onto the camera jib 8 inches in the air.
07-25-2010, 04:05 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oops. Sorry about that. I'll leave this for those who know more about that sort of thing. I thought those little screens would only hook up to a USB jump drive though, and I may be wrong about that too, but my niece's doesn't have video in on it.

07-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Yes, it is indeed possible to connect an external video monitor to the K-x. P-221 of the K-x manual describes how:

The visible output is essentially LiveView output as PAL or NTSC format standard definition video. You can use the cable indicated in the picture or use similar USB to video cables - eg the one included in my K200D works fine, and there are are quite a few on eBay too.
07-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I'm sure you can, because I found this picture somewhere else on this forum.

I'm also looking into that direction, but I have a K-7 so I can use the hdmi-port. There are just only a few small screens (indeed 7 inch) that support HDMI. But I tested it and the output is good and more options then with the video-out.