Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To the Vegas Studio users

Just bought vegas studio platinum 10 yesterday. Have been fiddling around with it a bit and it seems very intuitive and working good for my purposes.

However the output part doesnt seem optimal. My input is always the same, since its from the same camera, and I would always want to output in the same hd resolution but with a better codec than mjpeg and preferably in a widely supported container such as avi. Id prefer h264 output in avi or mp4. but vegas doesnt appear to do h264, you can get mpeg4 video but then in the .mov format.

I guess this is why Ive read several instances of people just exporting uncompressed and then encoding with some freeware h264 encoder like handbrake. That is far from optimal though.

So i was wondering what settings people here use when exporting the video from vegas.

Also, it seems I should buy neatvideo, even though it costs more than vegas hah. Since the k7 videos are unbearably noisy, anyone use that?

08-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I see Vegas is very popular in here

So I got the neatvideo plugin today and wow it is very impressive indeed, does an extremely good job of cleaning up the super noisy k7 video, making it look great instead of crap in many cases. I would say this is more or less required software if u want to make indoor movies with the k7, this or a competing product.