Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Video quality settings

When I first got the K7, I read a thread where someone claimed that they couldn't see much difference between the lowest and highest video quality settings on the K7. Today I tried a quick experiment to confirm something I had suspected - the "digital noise" I was seeing on my video clips is actually due to the low quality setting. Using the maximum quality, the level of noise in the video is much lower. Of course, the video files are also much bigger.

If anyone is interested, I'll post an example for demonstration.

02-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #2

I would love to see some examples
thank you
03-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
Banned

Hey I was wondering if the video presets are automatically preset to match your system spec or if everyone is automatically set to High.
03-13-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
I don't recall what the default was, but I am sure it has nothing to do with your computer specs. IMO it's best to set the quality as high as it goes, because you'll probably want to edit the video later, and that will cause the quality to drop, so better to start as high as possible.

03-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CharltonChars Quote
Hey I was wondering if the video presets are automatically preset to match your system spec or if everyone is automatically set to High.
Most will do some edits with their video so it's logical to set it to high then.
The only reason to use lower settings is to save space on your SD card, video files are really big with Pentax so it's good to see the K-01 brought some improvements.