Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Corel VideoStudio X4 - $34.99 shipped

I did a trial of VideoStudio X4. Not a bad program. I can do everything I have always needed to do, and it is simple and straightforward. Includes DVD burning, menus, etc. Not exceedingly great in the department of menus, but you can pretty much get to what you want.

I decided to purchase it. At the moment it is 49.00, and with SAVE15DOLLARS coupon code, it will come down to $34.99. If you order the Box set as opposed to the download, and accet the 9.00 FedEx shipping fee, it is zeroed for free shipping.

So that's the box (CD) version for 34.99. based on the functionality, I think this is a pretty good value. Just to be clear, I am in no way affiliated with this company in any way, and am simply passing on details of what appears to be a good deal.

Video Editing Software ? Corel VideoStudio Pro X4

woof!

06-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I used to use this. X3 version. It is simply straight forward one. I think good for beginner.
06-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have Corel VSX4 upgrade for $39.99. I had Ulead VS Pro 8 and 9 and 10 and 11. Corel VS Pro 12. Skip X3. Now X4. Smile.
07-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
I used to use this. X3 version. It is simply straight forward one. I think good for beginner.
Yes! Yes it is... thought I have been doing video editing for a very long time and still find this a very compelling value. Excellent results are extraordinarily easy to achieve. It is lightweight and not overly picky about hardware, it renders fast, converts quickly, and burns very efficiently. It requires an almost negligible learning curve, is intuitive and self-explanatory, and quite simply does not get in my way.

As someone who has done this for a long time and worked with a lot of very baroque and over-embellished fat-assed applications, I appreciate the fact that it is prosaic and transparent. As a long-time software engineer and IT Architect I see much to admire as well.

woof!

Last edited by woof; 07-01-2011 at 06:35 PM.