Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
what are you using to improve, delete or replace the audio tracks to videos?
If that's all you want to do, Reaper (a very capable DAW) is another option. Not great for heavier video processing, though.

04-03-2020, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
In a timeline, "audio tracks" can be spoken words, sound effects, music or what not. You might have to take out noise, enhance something, or stretch something to replace something somewhere. Because of the integration with Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition is the go-to utility when you are working an Adobe timeline. Nothing else allows easy re-importing, as well as working with your final encoding/rendering. Premiere has some really amazingly good audio features too, so only when you really need to work something, its great to have audition there.
04-04-2020, 12:21 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@robgski: here's another idea ...

Years ago I tried VLC (Video Lan Client) for Video conversion tasks - now I remembered this and thought I could check what it can do for you. So I updated my MacOS VLC version and think it may fit your needs.

The software is open source and availlable for MacOS, Windows and Linux. It delivers some simple tools to modify video and audio of movies. You can load a movie and try out what it can do by using these menue items ...

Audio (dialog "Window > Audio effects": shift-cmd-E): equalizer, compressor (dynamic range compressor), spatializer and filter
Video (dialog "Window > Video effects": cmd-E) : color, contrast, brightness, saturation, gamma and a lot more including sharpening

But it's not only that you can playback your videos. It's also possible to manipulate and save them. Not straightforward how it works, but I figured it out yesterday - took some time and I had to read some internet posts and descriptions to get an overall understanding of this tool. As always - when it's done it seams nearly easy.

I've started to write a blog article about VLC for my website. This article will circle around "how to rework a timelapse or standard video" I captured using my Pentax KP. It surely will take some time until I finished and published it. Are you interested in reading it? If so, I could send you a PM - please let me know. Thanks!
04-04-2020, 04:27 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
@robgski: here's another idea ...
I really appreciate your tips I would definitely be interesting in reading the article.

I thank all of you for your recommendations and advice.

04-18-2020, 09:31 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really appreciate your tips I would definitely be interesting in reading the article.

I thank all of you for your recommendations and advice.
@robgski: Now I finished my article about VLC's interesting features for video, time-lapse and photo creators. Since I wrote it in German language I guess you'll need something like google translate. The screenshots are from VLC's EN localisation - so that's for sure no problem. I'll send a PM to you.

@Adam: I'd like to post a link of my article in this thread, but think I'm not allowed to do so. It's really a lot too much to post in one PF post. My website is fully private without adds. If you allow it, I'll post the link. Title translated into English language would be "VLC for photographers". Maybe this is interesting for others too.

Last edited by acoufap; 04-18-2020 at 09:41 AM.
04-18-2020, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Since I wrote it in German language I guess you'll need something like google translate.
Nein, Ich glaube dass ich kann's schaffen. aber ich danke Dir.
04-18-2020, 09:40 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nein, Ich glaube dass ich kann's schaffen. aber ich danke Dir.
cool - hab' den Link gerade geschickt

04-18-2020, 10:20 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
hab' den Link gerade geschickt
Ich habe's, echt tolle!
04-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ich habe's, echt tolle!
Great! - A lot to experiment and discover new possibilities ...
05-07-2020, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

Hello! I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but what are you using to improve, delete or replace the audio tracks to videos?
Most decent Non Linear Editing applications for editing video, also include well featured audio editing tools.

If you use Resolve, Edius, or even Premiere, you can load in audio plugins that offer extra tools, such as for audio noise reduction, Compressor/Expanders, equalisation, and much more.

Those tools are aimed specifically at providing good audio in a Video production.
05-19-2020, 09:46 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sergeremy Quote
If that's all you want to do, Reaper (a very capable DAW) is another option. Not great for heavier video processing, though.
I use Reaper for my audio processing. It is great. I use it to do edits and remastering the separately-recorded audio from my Tascam DA-3000.
I then generate an output audio file, and synchronize the audio file with the camera's audio/video track in a separate program, PowerDirector.