Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
06-02-2023, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Shot a short video with my K-1 recently, in portrait orientation, but the playback is in landscape, with the video 90 degrees off.
For vertical video, use a phone. As much for the direction of the rolling shutter across the sensor, as for the social media nature of vertical video.

To rotate your video without command line headaches, download the free version of DaVinci Resolve, create a social media acceptable project, load video in to timeline, click to Colours tab, use options to rotate video, export.

And that reminds me, I have to un-bury Dad's hit n miss motor, and set it up with an alternator, to augment the solar panels.

06-02-2023, 10:41 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
command line headaches
? - What's the problem to start a terminal window ... at least on Linux or MacOS - or even on a MS Windows maschine?

Many things are much faster and easier to do with a short command in a terminal window than with a gui interface apps!
06-11-2023, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Shot a short video with my K-1 recently, in portrait orientation, but the playback is in landscape, with the video 90 degrees off.I can’t seem to find a way to edit it. All I need is a way to rotate the video so it is oriented correctly.Any suggestions?
If you own Photoshop CS6E or rent a version higher, you have the tool. It's not pretty, but it works.

1. Open video in photoshop.
2. Export all video frames to a folder.
3. Rotate, resize (if needed) and edit frames if desired using camera raw, or batch edit using Faststone Image Viewer.
4. In Photoshop, browse to folder containing edited images. Highlight the first image, make sure the image sequence box is checked, and open the sequence. Photoshop may take a while to load these into the timeline.
5. You can resize, crop, and do some editing of the video using layers in Photoshop, including watermark. or leave video as is.
6. Go to the audio section of the timeline, browse to the original video, and use that for your audio import.
7. Export the video using the option you desire. Rendering takes a while, but should leave you with a nicely rotated video.

It's not hard, but does take a while. I do this on Win 7 with a ancient Dell M4800 that has a slower quad core, 32GB ram, 2GB video and SSDs. Good thing is you can start a task and let it run overnight. Hope this helps. Any questions, PM me.

Roger
07-04-2023, 06:25 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
? - What's the problem to start a terminal window ... at least on Linux or MacOS - or even on a MS Windows maschine?

Many things are much faster and easier to do with a short command in a terminal window than with a gui interface apps!
Sure, for the sub-1% of people capable of understanding command line operations.

But for the rest of the population, GUI is life.