Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-7 video with my son

My son has started losing his baby teeth. We took some stills and a couple video clips with my new K-7 and edited them together in iMovie. A little quality gets lost on the upload to Youtube, but it still manages to make me very happy. I hope you enjoy...

YouTube - Two Front Teeth

09-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great memories.

What kind of software did you use to edit ?
09-07-2009, 05:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

haha well if the teeth are lost slap the dvd under the pillow for the tooth fairy - Nice job.
09-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

to cute. Pretty funny how many other Two teeth or front teeth videos there are on youtube.

I to am curious on what you used to create the video. Other then the K7

09-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #5

cute kid!

looks like imovie editing software.

does the camera shoot different exposure sets for stills vs. video? is there a way to have the warmth of the stills for video shots?
09-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice son, movie and memories
QuoteOriginally posted by John Araki Quote
does the camera shoot different exposure sets for stills vs. video? is there a way to have the warmth of the stills for video shots?
Strange indeed. I think that white balance settings and colour settings work in movie mode as well. Maybe, the stills were in AdobeRGB rather than sRGB?
09-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Araki Quote
cute kid!

looks like imovie editing software.

Looks better than iMovie, or at least better than anything that I can ever get out of iMovie... What are other free/cheap alternatives to iMovie. FCOP would be nice, but it's seriously expensive.

09-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I lost this post for a few days. Adam moved it, as he should since I didn't realize we had a video forum, but I didn't find out until today. Sorry for the delay in responses.

Yes, this was edited in iMovie. I'd love to invest in Final Cut, but just don't have the money or the need.

The problem with the color tones and saturation discrepancies was that all of it was shot with a single Alien Bee in a large softbox. This means that the stills were done with flash and the video was done with just the modeling light. I am also still getting the hang of getting exposure just right with video. If they had been shot under the same color lights they would have matched much better. Even changing the white balance didn't get a very good match.

Thanks for all the comments. When I got the camera I thought that video would just be for giggles, but now I'm thinking of dedicating some practice time to it so I can get better and do more of them.

Last edited by davemdsn; 09-08-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling
09-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Great work Dave. It would be amazing to show him this video 10 years from now when he's all grown up acting cool. The more video I see from the K-7 the more inspiration I get to go out and be Steven Spielberg. I need to make time for that now.