Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
09-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #136
Site Supporter

I have been saving the pennies recently and I put aside $1800 for the K-5 and some lenses with the rebates which usually accompany the new bodies. I've been wanting a DA21, DA40, and was interested in the DAL35. And the 18-105WR interested me too, because I've always wanted an SDM travel zoom. I've had three 17-70s, each time I sell it after a few months because I'm scared to death of SDM.

So I figure after I sell all my stuff I'll have enough to buy a decent system without many growing pains.

And I've come to realize that I love the FA77 on APS-C to the exclusion of all others. I just wish that I could buy a backup body that made it a 50mm equivalent on digital FF (hows that for a twist!). That's been my system recently with the Super Program, but I'd like the second body to be digital. So long as I have an excellent lens around the 77 range then I'll probably be happy. And I'm thinking that I can get one fine piece of modern glass with a great body that focuses faster, silently, more accurately, and gives room to grow into a FF body.

What I'm saying is that I think I can break up with the FA77 and use an over-the-top 85 as healing salve.

I'll have to scrimp on other lenses for now, but that's OK because I'm pretty much a one-lens guy lately.

09-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #137
Veteran Member

Passed by Simon's (the local camera store) last Thursday to leave my deposit... While doing the paperwork, the frighteningly- looking salesman told me that the first batch is almost sold out... who would've thought...