Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #31
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't like it so much anymore.... I have tried SD15 and the ergonomics are just wrong.... the front dial around the shutter button is very weird for me and SD15 misses the read dial... buttons are not in the best places... but on the positive note the shutter sound was just top notch.. anyway... I'm staying on this boat ..... for now

10-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I don't like it so much anymore.... I have tried SD15 and the ergonomics are just wrong.... the front dial around the shutter button is very weird for me and SD15 misses the read dial... buttons are not in the best places... but on the positive note the shutter sound was just top notch.. anyway... I'm staying on this boat ..... for now

ergo can be a huge factor but let's just wait and see what the SD1 would be like. besides, a resolution almost equal to that of a medium format only costing for $1,000 is pretty much hard to resist. now, the only thing or problem that needs to be solved is, how can I then fit my K-mount lenses on it without any mods?
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #33
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
ergo can be a huge factor but let's just wait and see what the SD1 would be like. besides, a resolution almost equal to that of a medium format only costing for $1,000 is pretty much hard to resist. now, the only thing or problem that needs to be solved is, how can I then fit my K-mount lenses on it without any mods?
Given Sigma's shorter registration distance of 44mm, an adapter shouldn't be too much trouble. Changeable camera mounts may even be feasible. The SD1 apparently has a better magnesium alloy shell than the Nikon D7000.
10-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Given Sigma's shorter registration distance of 44mm, an adapter shouldn't be too much trouble. Changeable camera mounts may even be feasible. The SD1 apparently has a better magnesium alloy shell than the Nikon D7000.
I think I had seen such camera mount modification made on previous Sigma bodies. one particular modification I would remember was a Leica R mount. but given the prices of Leica lenses, it wouldn't make sense to make your gear much more expensive and costly, unless you have those lenses already. so the only problem that would only remain is....how about AF? I just hope that Sigma or any camera brand would incorporate a universal lens or camera mount that will allow such function. otherwise, people should start practicing doing mf again. I just had dinner with 3 young photographers last night, and boy they were surprised to handle some of the old and solidly heavy mf lenses that I have. they struggled with the mfand would prefer shooting AF, although they were stunned with the quality of what the old lenses produced over theirs.

10-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I think I had seen such camera mount modification made on previous Sigma bodies. one particular modification I would remember was a Leica R mount. but given the prices of Leica lenses, it wouldn't make sense to make your gear much more expensive and costly, unless you have those lenses already. so the only problem that would only remain is....how about AF? I just hope that Sigma or any camera brand would incorporate a universal lens or camera mount that will allow such function. otherwise, people should start practicing doing mf again. I just had dinner with 3 young photographers last night, and boy they were surprised to handle some of the old and solidly heavy mf lenses that I have. they struggled with the mfand would prefer shooting AF, although they were stunned with the quality of what the old lenses produced over theirs.
You aren't going to have AF with the k, M and A series lenses or the m42 lenses anyway. The Sigma 30/1.4, 85/1.4, 105 macro, 150/2.8 macro etc. will af just fine with the Sigma mount.