Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I'm just going to be using the 14-45 and eventually the 45-200 (both panasonics). I think for me that should cover plenty of stuff as a second camera. This will be the camera that goes with to family functions, etc. The kx is for everything else, fun shots like macro, telephoto, etc. Basically this is my high end point n shoot.

01-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
I don't know why people keep saying this about 4/3 and m4/3... The kit lenses pretty much all start at 14mm (28mm) which is the same as basically every APS kit lens on the market at the moment.
In the context of the m4/3 vs. p&s discussion, a number of point and shoots are wider, and it sounded like the intent was not to acquire a bunch of 4/3 lenses.

If 28 equiv was wide enough we wouldn't all drool over superwide zooms and the DA 15
01-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #18
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by mustangjoey Quote
Ok, so I've been thinking about getting another camera to use as more of a point and shoot. (carry around a kx right now). Basically my priorities were a smaller body, lower price, interchangeable lens, live view, nice screen, basically most of the pluses of a good p&s. So I was browsing around on ebay and found a panasonic g1 body only for $200 brand new. So I just jumped on it. So someone tell me what I just got myself into. Lol. Decent deal? Decent camera? I found the all purpose lens that I want for it for around 200 also so with that I'll be set. Any input on this choice is appreciated. Thanks
The GH1 with Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Lens for $375 is a much better deal if you also want to shoot video.

01-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks, but I have a dedicated HD camcorder here, so video was not a concern. And from what I've seen/heard the 14-45 is the better choice on lenses. But I will admit I looked at the gh1

01-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grainbelt Quote
He spent 200 on the body and another 200 on a lens. Lots of options for a high end point and shoot, used or otherwise, at the $400 mark.
Ah, I missed the lens part, it seems.

I'll keep looking for my used high-end p+s at far below the $400 mark.