Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hasselblad H4D-40

I'm currently shooting some models with one. Very non-intuitive and non-ergonomical, but takes a mean photo. That is all.

P.S. its for a 6x12 ft photo

02-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Got to work on a few of the shots from the shoot today. After converting from raw (.3FR?), and saving as a tiff, the files are huge and my work mac is struggling to do much of anything with them. Wish I had my PC; haven't even made that thing sweat yet.

This one has the original image as the background layer (hidden by other layers), then a huge gradient, and the clipped out models as a separate layer. Weighs in at 1.8Gb tiff.

Unfortunetly, the higher ups really love the smiley, we're-having-fun look instead of edgy, hip and cool. Still this one has a nice look to it.

I prefer these poses/looks. Much edgier and serious.

I spread the models out a little bit but now they look kinda awkwardly far apart. I added a vector city cutout behind them and some fog (that I am not fond of, think I'll remove it)

Still looking through all the shots and talking with the decision makers about the final image. Then it will go to graphics for the typeface stuff.

Should go up in a month or so, I would think.

In case you are wondering about the lighting:

two 6x1.5 ft stripbanks on the sides
beauty dish in front, above
ring flash on the camera
barebulb hair light