Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Should i buy the Fujifilm X100 and all the accessories today/tomorrow?
Yes, don't lose sleep on it. 416.00%
No, there are better things to lose sleep over. 2184.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2011, 06:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Yes I find myself favoring the wider end of the focal range even with zoom lenses, 8-16 on 1.6x, 5.1 on the P&Ss even 7-14 if I add M43 plus I find myself for want of a daily shooter to be "light" even film I prefer the older spotmatic with a 55.
btw it's huff's enthusiasm that has me curious on that X100 with all it's quirks; that said, others just won't accept it and won't recommend it at all especially over Leica's X1 citing whatever reasoning they can find to disregard it's existence lol

Like I said, even with all this research, advice seeking, I still end up just deciding "then and there", the curse of being an amateur with hobbies
It really is a great camera if it works for you with the 35mm focal length. I thought those three articles are balanced in their evaluation of that.

It works for me, but for the price you have to make sure it works for you. No doubt it's expensive, but if you use the camera then it's probably worth it.

I have not enjoyed photography this much in years since I got the X100. But that's just me.

I might be tempted to say if you are wavering that much it's probably not what you want. I couldn't wait to get mine and it has not disappointed one time. But again, it matches what I want in a camera almost 100%. The only complaint I might have is the manual focus. In the end I suppose no camera is perfect.

The only decision I'm facing now is whether to keep the K5 and lenses.

06-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
So I went into the store, last x100 sold, GF1 20 1.7 kit missing lens it was sold so I got the L lens
I was tempted to get the X1 but I must stick to my budget it was either; X100 and all accessories, GF1 20 1.7 kit, 14 2.5 and all the accessories or an L lens. I buy all of my planned purchase or none at all, gave myself 3 options... I know I'm eccentric when it comes to buying stuff for my hobby BUT now I have an option to replace those 2 missed purchases the just announced Pentax Q I put in my request for the whole system I don't think there's a more portable package as yet with interchangeable lenses for digital?

Thank you all for helping me decide. Now i have to work on plan B since plan A (being light and indiscreet didn't happen)..."how to carry the beast and be indiscreet?" ..lol (btw i could go to their HQ store and get one or just order it online like i did my LX5 system)

Last edited by Clicker; 06-23-2011 at 03:16 PM.
07-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Zack Arias wrote a pretty cool review ignoring the usual measurbating and candidly focusing instead on the things that people who use this camera A LOT would notice.
07-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah I read that yesterday and someone shot a weeding with one now the price rose back to $1299 here locally as it's limited supply now it was $1399 when I posted the poll but I always talk myself out of it meanwhile veryone is releasing something now which adds to the decision process lol I was tempted just to get a Leica X1 but I'd rather get a film Leica if I have to manually focus
Fuji's good with their fixed lens bodies and they market them well and rebranded them well too. I was just looking at the price this morning and still couldn't pull the trigger
I think it has a lot to do with my style of having zoom lenses with all my current systems and I rationalize my LX5 and Optio H90 havent had me wanting I get my image for web presentation not for print.
It's the collector in me that wants that camera but the shooter in me knows a good high end P&S is more than enough for the web.

Last edited by Clicker; 07-06-2011 at 02:23 PM.
07-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #20
Veteran Member

If you're not afraid of film, you like the Fuji name and you want maximum detail from any given shot, you may want one of these.

In all seriousness, good luck with your decision.
07-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Okay i gave in an ordered one of the few left that was being held for me, i'll pick it up when i have time to go by the store...they've held this one for me since they didn't on the GF1 plus extras