Ricoh GXR 420.00%
Both 1470.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
SPB

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Clicker - what has that Minolta copy and paste got to do with the subject of this thread?

07-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #17
SPB

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Disappointing sales for the GXR probably have more to do with lack of marketing and availability than the actual idea/design. GXR will definitely be around for a while if the M module is any good. there is a pent up demand for something that doesn't cost $7000 in the leica user community but i do like the idea of the GXR w/ A12 28 module. almost ideal focal length for general walkabout, compact with a decent sensor, and the possibility to add a module that will take my RF lenses (or maybe don the road my K and m42 lenses or any other number of mounts)
On top of that as a b/w only camera the Ricoh is highly regarded and I do lean towards b/w as a preferred look - and if the OOC b/w Jpegs are as good as I understand them to be then less PP time even better.
)
That's another thing I hope will improve because neither Ricoh or Pentax are known for their good marketing!

Less PP time - I am all for that!
07-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by adr1an Quote
If the Q has had 5 years of R+D invested in it, based on the rumored price of the deal to Ricoh and Pentax's other holdings of value - I'd say the intellectual property tied up in the Q system was a good chunk of that cost (Since you wouldn't pay money for K-Mount since its public domain....) When Ricoh says it wants to expand its interchangeable lens camera lineup, it doesn't mean only in DSLR's...

So I personally would assume the Q will survive purely in order to get returns on that investment...
5 years of development may just mean three guys from the p&s department in a back room. They might have been playing online poker for most of that time, or perhaps, depending on your opinion of the Q, smoking crack. I think the r&d budgets for the DSLRs, 645d and lenses will have been the big ones.
07-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
5 years of development may just mean three guys from the p&s department in a back room. They might have been playing online poker for most of that time, or perhaps, depending on your opinion of the Q, smoking crack. I think the r&d budgets for the DSLRs, 645d and lenses will have been the big ones.
and they may have had it pretty sully developed but were waiting on the market change and better sensors before putting it out there