Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 779 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #1246
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DanielT74 Quote
Hello Folks!!! I haven't posted here for a while but here's a huge post to make up for it (sorry!), a selection from my recent trip to Europe, mostly Switzerland. I took the following lenses along with my NEX-5n (in order of being used): Contax G 28/2.8, Sony Zeiss 24-70/2.8 (with LEA2 adapter), Canon FD 24/1.4, Contax G 21/2.8, Contax G 45/2, SLR Magic Hyperprime Cine 50/0.95, Leica Summilux 50mm ASPH, Sigma 85/1.4 EX.

Snow:

Thaw:

Rain:

Sun:

Fog:

Rome:

Ladispoli near Rome, where I stayed as a kid (not in the castle )
These are all great, but I really like the fog shots. Looks like you had a good time.

01-21-2013, 06:59 PM - 2 Likes   #1247
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Recent outdoors with Nex3

01-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #1248
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Someone posted https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/212259...e-200-b-h.html

Did any of you try those lenses and can comment the performance of the lenses? I can't resist the deal so went ahead and bought it
For the money, they can't be beaten and the 30mm is a pretty good lens from what I have seen.

As far as the best solution for wide angle for NEX is concerned, the hands-down winner is the new Voigtlander Ultron 21/1.8. A brilliant lens with no colour banding on NEX-5n. If you can afford it, it's the 21mm to have.
01-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #1249
Pentaxian

For the money, they can't be beaten and the 30mm is a pretty good lens from what I have seen.

As far as the best solution for wide angle for NEX is concerned, the hands-down winner is the new Voigtlander Ultron 21/1.8. A brilliant lens with no colour banding on NEX-5n. If you can afford it, it's the 21mm to have.
Thanks, Daniel. I can't afford and not willing to pay big bucks for the Voigtlander 21mm..at least for now

01-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #1250
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by minahasa Quote
Recent outdoors with Nex3
All nice, but that last one is really nice.
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #1251
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote
All nice, but that last one is really nice.
Thanks! I managed to snap 2 pics on this spot. It began to rain, so Nex back to bag, K5 took pole position
Here's the last one:

01-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #1252

Good to know. I almost snapped up the two sigma deal. I have the 30mm and love the images it takes. Simply stunning--especially for the price--and I hear the 19mm it also very good. The price for the two of them blows me away. You can't buy decent used glass that cheap! That said I am hesitant to invest in any APS-C only glass until I know Sonys road map since I am still looking at upgrading by camera body in the next year.

So you like the Ultron 21mm better than the Contax 21mm? They seem to be pretty close in price with the Ultron being fast and better manual focus. I won't be buying either soon but a good wide/ultra wide is on my life of future hopefuls.

01-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #1253
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joelR Quote

So you like the Ultron 21mm better than the Contax 21mm? They seem to be pretty close in price with the Ultron being fast and better manual focus. I won't be buying either soon but a good wide/ultra wide is on my life of future hopefuls.
I've only shot a couple a dozen images with the Ultron but so far there is only one shot with any trace of colour shift in the borders (on my NEX-5n) and I've been shooting to get it. The Zeiss and Contax G 21mm are all bad in that respect, except 21/2.8 ZM which doesn't show much colour shift but is unsuably soft in the borders at infinity focus.

The Ultron is sharp as sharp can be in the centre right from f1.8 and the borders are very very good. So yeah, so far I am convinced it's the 21mm for the NEX.
01-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #1254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joelR Quote
Good to know. I almost snapped up the two sigma deal. I have the 30mm and love the images it takes. Simply stunning--especially for the price--and I hear the 19mm it also very good. The price for the two of them blows me away. You can't buy decent used glass that cheap! That said I am hesitant to invest in any APS-C only glass until I know Sonys road map since I am still looking at upgrading by camera body in the next year.

The 19 is no slouch, and for $100 it's a steal. I think it's nearly as good as the DA21mm, and it let me sell my DA and pocket some cash. If you wanted to go in halvsies on the Sigma combo I'd go for it. I have the 19, need the 30, you have the 30 and need the 19.
01-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #1255
Veteran Member

Hello Folks!!! I haven't posted here for a while but here's a huge post to make up for it (sorry!), a selection from my recent trip to Europe, mostly Switzerland. I took the following lenses along with my NEX-5n (in order of being used): Contax G 28/2.8, Sony Zeiss 24-70/2.8 (with LEA2 adapter), Canon FD 24/1.4, Contax G 21/2.8, Contax G 45/2, SLR Magic Hyperprime Cine 50/0.95, Leica Summilux 50mm ASPH, Sigma 85/1.4 EX.

Snow:

Thaw:

Rain:

Sun:

Fog:

Rome:

Ladispoli near Rome, where I stayed as a kid (not in the castle )

Wow, Daniel. There are some really great shots here. I think you're really improving on post and framing. I really want to get back to shooting, but these renovations are sucking up all my time(and the life right out of me). Thanks for posting.
01-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #1256
Veteran Member

between a rock and a cold place

We got some weird precipitation last night. Not really snow, not sleet or hail and not really freezing rain. It was some combination of the three. Shot with the 5N and either the SEL1855 or the CV35. More pics on my blog.

What am I?

Proof that while a rolling stone gathers no moss, a rolling basketball gathers snow.

01-28-2013, 12:35 AM - 1 Like   #1257
Veteran Member

Bought Sigma 19 and 30 recently from B&H.
A few from Sigma E30...

Last edited by ddhytz; 01-28-2013 at 02:07 AM.
01-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #1258
Veteran Member

Looks like you and the Sigma will get along well.
01-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #1259
Veteran Member

Looks like you and the Sigma will get along well.
Surely they will stay on my NEX for a while.

More from the Sigma E30..

SLR vs ipad

Candlestick

Avalokiteshvara
01-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #1260
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What am I?

Nice shot! Looks like 'hazard warning paving' to me, but I'm probably wrong!