Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 779 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #2371
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I see some Touit shots in this thread. Have you heard the good news?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/285...ml#post3115638

A6000, Touit 32mm:

I tried the 12mm with CPL on some landscape shots, but it was a mess. The sky showed very uneven colour depth. Fortunately the lens provides CPL-like contrast without a filter.

Interesting, last two shots are what I would expect to see here in Russia.

---------- Post added 13-01-15 at 13:51 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
And @Emacs, I love your #5 and it is like a painting to me. #3 is my 2nd favorite.
Thank you!
I consider #5 as my current 2015 best.

---------- Post added 13-01-15 at 13:52 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Nice shots, Hin and Emacs.

Hin,

Was the panorama taken with the built in function? The artifacts appear low, but there wasn't a very large file to look at. A great set.

Emacs,

What a beautiful area, but I really love the ice formations, and the final (snow storm)?
Thank you. Yes, the last was taken during a snow storm.

02-07-2015, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #2372
Veteran Member

Third oldest church in Moscow, actual date is not known, guesses are about the end of XIV up to 1427.
«Спасский собор Спасо-Андроникова монастыря», that sounds like "Spasskiy sobor Spaso-Andronikova monastyrya", where the last "y" pronounced like czech y, just a little deeper, though you better listen how it is sounds properly here. Int means in english "the Saviour's cathedral of Spaso-Andronikov monastery".
The visual design was proposed by the most famous and arguably the best icon painter of all times Andrey Rublev, which probably was buried here with his teammate and about as talent icon painter Daniil Cherniy (listen to pronounciation here), among russian orthodox patriarchs. This cathedral is my favourite and IMO was ahead of its time in appearance. My favourite of all orthodox cathedrals with the close second of Hagia Sofia of Konstantinopol, now Istanbul.

02-09-2015, 09:35 PM   #2373

pentax lens on e-mount cameras

Think I'm in the right area - new to pentax forums. Came here looking for inexpensive lens options to use with my sony alpha (nex) cameras (a3000 and a5000). Anyway, first on my list is a wide prime. Was thinking about the SMC Pentax-M 28mm F2.8 & wondering if anyone is using this lens with an emount camera. Currently have one zoom that works quite well - Pentax FA 35-80mm. Also using a Yashica 50mm prime in addition to the sony lenses. Both of these lenses had been in hibernation in a closet on their respective 35mm film bodies, but bought adapters and I like the results I'm getting with them.
Anyway, if anyone has thoughts on that 28mm pentax lens or any other wide manual (between 20&30mm) that can be obtained for not too much $$$?

Below, what the FA35-80 looks like on the a3000. Really is a nice cheap, light weight combination & like the grip on the a3000, even if the display and EVF are low res. The a5000 has a somewhat better tilting, slightly higher res LCD, but no EVF. However, it has a tiny form factor, which I like. Other attached shots are all with the pentax lens, some with the a3000, some with the a5000 (both cameras have same processor). Focus peaking and focus magnification make focusing relatively easy with manual lenses.

Any thoughts on lenses to look for appreciated.

thanks,
Willie

02-10-2015, 03:07 PM   #2374
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wilmeland Quote
Think I'm in the right area - new to pentax forums. Came here looking for inexpensive lens options to use with my sony alpha (nex) cameras (a3000 and a5000). Anyway, first on my list is a wide prime. Was thinking about the SMC Pentax-M 28mm F2.8 & wondering if anyone is using this lens with an emount camera. Currently have one zoom that works quite well - Pentax FA 35-80mm. Also using a Yashica 50mm prime in addition to the sony lenses. Both of these lenses had been in hibernation in a closet on their respective 35mm film bodies, but bought adapters and I like the results I'm getting with them.
Anyway, if anyone has thoughts on that 28mm pentax lens or any other wide manual (between 20&30mm) that can be obtained for not too much $$$?

Below, what the FA35-80 looks like on the a3000. Really is a nice cheap, light weight combination & like the grip on the a3000, even if the display and EVF are low res. The a5000 has a somewhat better tilting, slightly higher res LCD, but no EVF. However, it has a tiny form factor, which I like. Other attached shots are all with the pentax lens, some with the a3000, some with the a5000 (both cameras have same processor). Focus peaking and focus magnification make focusing relatively easy with manual lenses.

Any thoughts on lenses to look for appreciated.

thanks,
Willie

I used to use the M 28mm, before I got my Sigma 30 (and the Contax G that I need to sell). The Sigma 30mm and 19mm are pretty great lenses and, at the time, were only $99. You might be able to find some on ebay, or even this marketplace, for cheap. It will be expensive to get a true wide angle legacy lens, so the 19mm is something to consider.

Sigma 30mm F 2 8 Sony NEX 85126929701 | eBay

02-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #2375
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I used to use the M 28mm, before I got my Sigma 30 (and the Contax G that I need to sell). The Sigma 30mm and 19mm are pretty great lenses and, at the time, were only $99. You might be able to find some on ebay, or even this marketplace, for cheap. It will be expensive to get a true wide angle legacy lens, so the 19mm is something to consider.

Sigma 30mm F 2 8 Sony NEX 85126929701 | eBay

+1 for this pair of Sigma lenses.
03-29-2015, 07:36 PM - 1 Like   #2376
Veteran Member

A few of the wife, walking around Santa Monica. Where are you guys posting your photos these days? I hate to see this thread die, though I know I have done my fair share of neglect.

And one waiting in line at Disneyland, with my son.

Last edited by kenafein; 03-29-2015 at 08:40 PM.
04-13-2015, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #2377
Veteran Member

New toy with Sony HDR-AS200VR. Picture was shot with A6000 and FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 kit zoom. The Sony Action Camera is a gopro like camera that I use for skiing and outdoor video shooting.
The combo in AS200VR comes with a remote gadget that can be strapped to my hand like a watch that has a small LCD display and start/stop on recording.

It looks like this

Cheers,
Hin

---------- Post added 04-13-15 at 09:22 PM ----------

Both shot with Sony A6000 and Sigma 19mm f/2.8 (the old version)

Last edited by hinman; 04-13-2015 at 09:27 PM.
04-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #2378
Veteran Member

Looks like fun, Hin.
04-14-2015, 07:58 AM   #2379
Veteran Member

Looks like fun, Hin.
Yes, it is. The Sony Action Camera has the same PlayMemories app interface. Lots of fun and I wish it has a zoom other than the super-wide only option.

---------- Post added 04-14-15 at 08:33 AM ----------

Pugsley with A6000 and E 50mm f/1.8
04-14-2015, 09:54 PM - 2 Likes   #2380
Veteran Member

All are taken with A6000 and Sigma 19mm f/2.8

Hin
04-17-2015, 12:45 AM   #2381
Veteran Member

Nice pics, Hinman. But there is a catch: lookin at typical north american landscape shot I feel in most cases it begs square. At least overall excellent waterfall with human on foreground would benefit from square frame very much. I don't mean cropping in this case, rather shooting preferably two landscape frames one for bottom part and one for upper and then stitching it. Or 3 vertical frames and then stitching.

PS I am lucky I am not allowed to go abroad after participating in weapon systems development, otherwise I would go to Osckar Barnack grave and piss on it for stupid 3×2 and then several years trip into german jail
04-20-2015, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #2382
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Nice pics, Hinman. But there is a catch: lookin at typical north american landscape shot I feel in most cases it begs square. At least overall excellent waterfall with human on foreground would benefit from square frame very much. I don't mean cropping in this case, rather shooting preferably two landscape frames one for bottom part and one for upper and then stitching it. Or 3 vertical frames and then stitching.

PS I am lucky I am not allowed to go abroad after participating in weapon systems development, otherwise I would go to Osckar Barnack grave and piss on it for stupid 3×2 and then several years trip into german jail
Much thanks for the suggestions. I saw a couple of articles shooting multiple frames with a 50mm fast lens and stitch up for a wide photos. Is that similar to your suggestion on stitching three square photos. What stitching software would you recommend, I like to learn new things and I think I have tried a free version and I was not wowed and I can use some help with good pointer especially software easy to use and inexpensive to get, unlike Adobe Photoshop.

with Sigma 19mm f/2.8 and A6000

with Sigma 19

with Sigma 19

Cheers,
Hin
04-21-2015, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #2383
Veteran Member

I can't imagine public urination would get you no more than a night in jail, it's not the USA after all.

---------- Post added 04-21-15 at 07:18 AM ----------

Much thanks for the suggestions. I saw a couple of articles shooting multiple frames with a 50mm fast lens and stitch up for a wide photos. Is that similar to your suggestion on stitching three square photos. What stitching software would you recommend, I like to learn new things and I think I have tried a free version and I was not wowed and I can use some help with good pointer especially software easy to use and inexpensive to get, unlike Adobe Photoshop.

with Sigma 19mm f/2.8 and A6000

with Sigma 19

with Sigma 19

Cheers,
Hin
Was all that snow from this year, Hin? I thought we didn't get much, per the news. Looks like fun. I really wanted to show my daughter snow this year, but we were unable to make the time. Great photos, even if they are 3:2 .
04-22-2015, 01:51 AM - 2 Likes   #2384
Veteran Member

Well, this is harder to guess. In my experience the most accurate result can be obtained via open source Hugin with CPFind + Celeste control points finder. On the other hand, the easiest out of the box solution is PTgui, but it is not what I called inexpensive. I doubt if it is worth for occasional use.
04-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #2385
Veteran Member

Well, this is harder to guess. In my experience the most accurate result can be obtained via open source Hugin with CPFind + Celeste control points finder. On the other hand, the easiest out of the box solution is PTgui, but it is not what I called inexpensive. I doubt if it is worth for occasional use.
Don't know if PhotoMatix has the stitching functionality

Photomatix Review – and many samples

to merge 2 or 3 squares pictures like a panorama shooting.

Thanks for the pointers,
Hin