Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #76
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Since you're magnifying the image more with aps-c, any lens defects and small focus errors are going to be more apparent with aps-c than FF, unless you're comparing something like a 12MP aps-c with a 36MP FF. I have noticed this in practice, as have a lot of other folks.
As far as focus errors goes, I collected different accounts. And that includes users of D700. I never heard someone saying they've got it easy with AF - on the contrary - they were complaining about the difficulty of shooting with very thin DOF.

02-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's a good thing I can't afford to switch over right now, because the D800 is calling my name. I just can't justify (or afford) $3000 for a body and a few thousand more for the 24-70 and the 70-200. I am interested in seeing what the Sony FF SLT will be once it's announced. I've pretty much decided that my next body will be a FF. So, unless Pentax puts out a compelling FF soon, I'm going to have to switch brands....
02-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
It's a good thing I can't afford to switch over right now, because the D800 is calling my name. I just can't justify (or afford) $3000 for a body and a few thousand more for the 24-70 and the 70-200. I am interested in seeing what the Sony FF SLT will be once it's announced. I've pretty much decided that my next body will be a FF. So, unless Pentax puts out a compelling FF soon, I'm going to have to switch brands....
A lot of folks are waiting to see what Sony does before dropping a lot of coin, including many Nikonians. Exciting times. I expect the next Pentax DSLR will be pretty incredible as well (even if it's aps-c )
02-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
A lot of folks are waiting to see what Sony does before dropping a lot of coin, including many Nikonians. Exciting times. I expect the next Pentax DSLR will be pretty incredible as well (even if it's aps-c )
Speak of the devil... The Devil Speaks.

And does this look familiar?