Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Fuji EVIL - Pro

Fuji's announcement that they will re-enter the market with an interchangeable lens system is interesting. The X100 is a really good first step. Fujinon glass has always been really good. I was hoping Pentax would look at the success of the X100 and take some notes.

If Fuji can produce a professional grade EVIL with some high grade Fujinon lenses it will be very interesting.

New lens mount.
Sensor larger than an APS-C
Better high ISO than the D3s
Over 24MPs
No AA filter.

I hope Pentax R&D is hard at work. I had hoped to see Pentax introduce an EVIL system just like the rumored Fuji system. At least they gave us the Q.

10-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
If Fuji can produce a professional grade EVIL with some high grade Fujinon lenses it will be very interesting.
Fuji do more than just the X100. If Fuji are talking professional grade, it will probably be a digital version of this:

This will be their D3X/ Hasselblad / Leaf/ Phase One/ Leica S2/ 645D killer.
10-10-2011, 01:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey, why should Fuji kill the Hasselblad? They already own it.

Maybe it is just me, but Fuji cameras have so bad caontrols and UI, that I couldn't use them. Not after trying Pentax.
10-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #4

It should make you coffee then too right?

10-10-2011, 04:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Fuji's announcement that they will re-enter the market with an interchangeable lens system is interesting. The X100 is a really good first step. Fujinon glass has always been really good. I was hoping Pentax would look at the success of the X100 and take some notes.

New lens mount.
Over 24MPs
No AA filter.
Is this what they have actually announced or is this a wish list? I'm am waiting to see the specifications for this camera. I want to get a NEX 7 however, I am very happy with the X100 so I wanted to see what Fuji has to offer. I cancelled my NEX 7 pre-order and got a GXR which is a great camera. No regrets on that one. However, I'm still very interested in the NEX 7 or the new Fuji for next year.
10-10-2011, 04:57 AM   #6
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums

New lens mount.
Over 24MPs
No AA filter.
Sensor larger than APS-C, No AA filter and Over 24 MP are your fantasies. There are no such info in Fuji's interview.
10-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Sensor larger than APS-C, No AA filter and Over 24 MP are your fantasies. There are no such info in Fuji's interview.
Did I mention a Fuji Interview?
The Fuji guys tweet says it will not be m4/3 sensor or any current mirrorless (APS-C).

If I was treating this report as FACT I would not post it in the RUMORS forum. I think it is understood that what is posted here is speculation.

10-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #8
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did I mention a Fuji Interview?
The Fuji guys tweet says it will not be m4/3 sensor or any current mirrorless (APS-C).

If I was treating this report as FACT I would not post it in the RUMORS forum. I think it is understood that what is posted here is speculation.
富士フイルム、レンズ交換式ミラーレスカメラへの参入を予告 - デジカメWatch

he says only about low noise - better than FF camera and new mirrorless system...and nothing else...

But it's Pentax news and rumors...Not Fuji.
10-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
富士フイルム、レンズ交換式ミラーレスカメラへの参入を予告 - デジカメWatch

he says only about low noise - better than FF camera and new mirrorless system...and nothing else...

But it's Pentax news and rumors...Not Fuji.
I can read. I understand it is the Pentax Rumor section. I posted it because I hope to see Pentax produce something along those lines. If Fuji continues to have success with mirrorless then hopefully Pentax will follow.
10-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
Hey, why should Fuji kill the Hasselblad? They already own it.

(...).
Actually they do not. Hasselblad belong to the German/Swiss investment fund Ventizz Capital Partners AG since June 30th, 2011. Former owner was the Hong Kong group Shriro, Hasselblad's long time distributor in South-East Asia, who bought Hasselblad in 2003 from Cinven and private equity funds managed by UBS.

But it is true that parts of the Hasselblad H-System (prisms and lenses) are manufactured by Fuji.
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I posted it because I hope to see Pentax produce something along those lines. If Fuji continues to have success with mirrorless then hopefully Pentax will follow.
Agreed! The GXR is a very good camera. Hopefully Ricoh can either make some type of Kmount module or better yet come up with a Pentax mirrorless. I'm all for Pentax still making DSLR's. I just don't use mine much anymore because I like the smaller bodies. The image quality on the Fuji and GXR is really good.
10-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #12
Pentaxian

It seems the 'wants' on these MILCs on various forums are roughly the following :

1. Largish sensor (best if APS-C or larger; Leica M8 or M9 as often cited examples)
2. Small RF or Small SLR (eg. ME super) styling; EVF does not need to be in the top center (depends on forum... but ppl seem to like Olympus RF styling over Panasonic styling)
3. High res, high refresh rate EVF (A77, NEX5n one is as good as it gets right now)
4. ISO and DR performance on par with current APS-C
5. User interface like current DSLRs (not dumbed down touch screens like NEX)
6. Small, light and generally good sharpness lenses for the system
7. 'Peaking' focus like NEX
8. Fast AF. (roughly there with the current batch of MILC like G3, EP3 and NEX)

Samsung is awfully close, with most of the stuff implementable via firmware. However, its let down by pedigree, marketing and #4 (sensor).

Hopefully Fuji can get it right with their version.
10-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #13
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Fuji do more than just the X100. If Fuji are talking professional grade, it will probably be a digital version of this:

Right, a Fuji 617D costing $50,000 + will kill all MF digital camera competitors.
10-12-2011, 12:57 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Right, a Fuji 617D costing $50,000 + will kill all MF digital camera competitors.
Name:  thats-the-joke-1305040347784.jpg
Views: 180403
Size:  18.3 KB

Of course, whatever Fuji do will be more modest that digitising that behemoth.
10-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

It will be captured directly on Fuji Instax and passed through a on-camera high res scanner.