Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Olympus Chair/Pres resigns. Attacks Woodford

He also started saying some stupid stuff. Frankly, I wouldn't like Japan either if it was corrupt like you Mr. Kikukawa

43 Rumors | Blog | Olympus: Chairman and President Kikukawa resigns and attacks Woodford: "he did not like Japan"

10-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Man this story is just getting ugly for Olympus
and his comments were just idiotic at best, just diversionary tactics trying to throw the spotlight of himself. Didn't work from what I see just made him look guilty. If Yakusa aren't involved here I'll be very surprised
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
If Yakusa aren't involved here I'll be very surprised
Oly does business in USA. Could they be subject to RICO (racketeering-influenced corrupt organization) prosecution? Scotland Yard is also investigating -- hopefully not the corrupt f*cks owned by Murdoch. Do the Oly board have enough political clout in Japan to avoid extradition?
10-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Banned

I highly doubt the Yakuza are involved. I would be extremely shocked if they were. as for mr. kikukawa, his remarks upon stepping down pretty much state as clear as crystal that mr. woodfoord was in the right and that himself had no defense for what has happened. when anyone resorts to what can only be described as playground name calling, it says more about them than the person they are speaking of. clearly mr. woodford was doing his job and what he thought was necessary for the sake of the company. he was willing to put it all on the line for olympus. hate japan or not, he was loyal to the company signing his paycheck.

10-26-2011, 05:19 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This Thing Of Ours

In Year 2008, something happened at Olympus...

"In year 2008, something happened at Olympus that turned the company from an entity focussed on seven major business areas, into a company completely out of focus, blurred by a total of seventeen business areas, to include real estate, investments, consulting, waste disposal, labor dispatch, and running travel agencies. Igari Toshiro, former prosecutor turned anti-yakuza crusader, who was Japan’s greatest expert on white-collar organized crime aka the keizai yakuza (経済ヤクザ)and many veteran organized crime detectives have stated that one of the first signs that a company has been infiltrated by anti-social forces is a sudden and totally new change in company direction–especially into areas like waste disposal, labor dispatch (temporary staffing), and real estate—all areas where anti-social forces have carved out a large niche for themselves."
10-27-2011, 05:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beat me too it, I was just going to post the same article

I thought it sounded like Yakusa, and this article sure seems to confirm the possibility. Not good for Olympus
10-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I thought it sounded like Yakusa, and this article sure seems to confirm the possibility. Not good for Olympus
They'll have to change the lens brand from Zuiko to Yakuzar.

10-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I read about this a couple days ago. Man, it's really isn't looking good for Olympus. Probably going to get worse down the road.
11-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery
I just stumbled across this story elsewhere and I'm amazed. This is bad stuff. I feel bad for Oly users. Who knows where it will end up...