Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kolleiro Quote
How about aperture setting with the pentax lens adapter? A lens like the da15mm does not have an external aperture ring nor does the adapter seem to have one. So can you choose aperture with a lens like the da15 on the nex 5n with adapter?
I have an E-P2 that I bought at a discount to have a "take everywhere" camera, and I picked up a cheap(er) eBay adapter with a sliding aperture control. Just playing around with exposure values between the Oly and the K7 I was able to approximate f8 on the adapter. I just marked it with a metallic silver marking pen.

Of course, my shooting with the Oly isn't that serious. With how I'd like to use the Sony though, I don't think I'd need to do much different. I'd mark f8 for landscape shooting on a cheaper adapter, and just adjust by feel off of that for street/travel shooting. A company called Rayqual makes a click-stop aperture control adapter for (gulp) $300.

I'm just trying to figure if this would work well for me. In an ideal universe, I'd be able to get a Samsung NX200 (body style, hotshoe and awesome lens lineup and roadmap) with the NEX-5n sensor, focus peaking and tilt-screen. Overall, I think the Sony might offer more (although the jury is obviously still out on the new Samsung sensor). Like some are calling it, the Nex 5n could almost be considered a digital back for great Pentax - and other - glass. Honestly, if I didn't do landscape primarily, I'd stick with m43 as my basic travel kit for street stuff. But I'm jonesing for that Sony sensor dynamic range!