Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reviving my old Minolta MD lenses

Thinking of getting a mirror less camera for use with my old Minolta MD lenses (preferably on the cheap as my Pentax LBA is not quite cured yet ). My collection consists of MD28/2.8, MD50/1.7, MD35-105/3.5-4.5 and MD70-210/4; just to make sure, those are manual focus lenses.

I'm looking for practical aspects like holding / balancing, ease of manual focus and whatever I might have overlooked. I saw somebody write that he used the range finder style as the dSLR style would not fit a lens (maybe the overhang of the flash?).

General experiences with any system (being it m4/3, NX or NEX (did I forget any?)) in combination with lenses not designed for that system (preferably the mentioned Minoltas) would be appreciated.

WimS

PS
Also still have a Zuiko 50/1.8 and a Vivitar 200/3.5 prime for an Olympus OM(-1?); must still do a bit of research on those.

11-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter

I think that for manual focus, Sony offers the best solution using focus peaking. That consideration alone really weighs heavily in favor of Sony NEX. Additionally, NEX uses APS-C, which is larger and makes better use of the image circle provided by a 35mm film lens (rather than µ43 which doesn't use as much of the provided image circle).
11-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Aegon.

Sony might be worth a look, but the only model that would work for me is one with a viewfinder and that would be the NEX7 which is a bit expensive. Alternative might be the model that allows mounting of an additional viewfinder (the NEX5N I think).

If I would buy now, it would be a Samsung NX10/11. dSLR style with viewfinder and APSc.

But I still have time; first need to save up for a DA12-24