Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
How does the aperture mount to the lens/adapter? I figured that sooner or later somebody would start building Auto 110 to mirorless adapters with a built in aperture seeing as there is plenty of space to work with.

I happened to end up with a copy of the 18mm f/2.8 that focuses included with some other gear but I haven't decided what to do with it.
I plan to stick an iris diaphragm to the back of the auto 110 to NEX adapter and adjust diaphragm opening from a Glide Floss tided to the control stick of the iris diaphragm. Or arrange the iris opening per mounting of the lens onto the NEX body.

I am not sure if what I vision will work to stop down the lens somewhat. If you are curious to see how the lens work stopped down in M4/3 with Panasonic G1, you can see this great thread of discussion with an Panasonic G1 owner who improvised with a insert-able aperture plastic plate into a DIY M39 to MFT adapter

The auto 110 lenses performance in MFT system is better as the image circle from the auto 110 covers smaller sensor in MFT.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I don't understand a damn thing here...but I sure like those shots! Looks like you are very happy? Hope to see more posted here.
Regards!
Rupert
Thank you Rupert. It is much more work to get the Sony NEX 5N as an alternative to dSLR and p&s as it currently does not have a good support of native E-mount lenses. But the beauty in 5N are few folds and the major ones includes a similar sensor to K5 and Nikon D7000 and a assortment of adapters to many brands of lenses. It is the worst camera body to get if you want to avoid LBA. In hindsight, I should have followed your path with x10 and be done with lenses.

In terms of features, I like its peek focusing feature the best for manual focusing. And it surely is lightweight and quite compact compared to a regular dSLR. Coupled with the tiniest lens with Pentax Auto 110, the combo is quite light-weight and almost pocketable .

The NEX does have its other compromises in style with Beer Can on an iPhone, lack of E lenses, a lack of external flash support and without a hot shoe and perhaps few other gripes.

Cheers,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 12-01-2011 at 03:54 PM.
12-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #32
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I will bug you later on to learn about the differences with LTM and Leica L39/M39
there is no difference. 'LTM' stands for Leica Thread Mount, otherwise known as M39 or sometimes 'L'39.
12-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The results of that home made interchangeable fixed aperture system on the G1 look good. I was thinking that a rotating disk with a series of different apertures drilled into it that are lined up to rotate past the back element of the lens might work, but getting the alignment correct and making everything light proof would take some work.

I also have a Kodak Pony (a cheap fixed lens, zone focus rangefinder from the '50s/'60s) with an aperture made out of two overlapping sliding plates that could potentially be copied or adapted.