Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, that would be a welcomed addition to the recent world of mirrorless cameras.

I for one would seriously consider a more advanced mirrorless with a "real" viewfinder (does "No hybrid viewfinder" mean a "real" viewfinder?) and with a smaller size than that of the K7/K5.
You add to that a new "killer" sensor" and that would be something I would consider being a winner.

But, as all rumours go, we will have to wait and see if that actually materializes and then, what will the "tests" from real users show?

Again an interesting time.

JP

11-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I've never paid much attention to Fuji, but after a week and a half with the little x10 I have a whole new respect for what they have done with this little camera as well as the x100. I'd have to say that I am at least 100% satisfied with the x10 for my intended purposes......a small walkabout camera that delivers consistently decent IQ in most any situation.

My K5 fills all my other needs, and I have a lot of glass for it...but I will certainly pay close attention to whatever Fuji brings out next. They have definitely caught my attention.

At the Butcher Shop today...just slip the x10 out of my jacket pocket and ...Point and Shoot! Couldn't be easier! Colors are perfect, WB excellent, super fast lens.....fits in your jacket pocket......life is good!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
11-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I've never paid much attention to Fuji, but after a week and a half with the little x10 I have a whole new respect for what they have done with this little camera as well as the x100. I'd have to say that I am at least 100% satisfied with the x10 for my intended purposes......a small walkabout camera that delivers consistently decent IQ in most any situation.

My K5 fills all my other needs, and I have a lot of glass for it...but I will certainly pay close attention to whatever Fuji brings out next. They have definitely caught my attention.

At the Butcher Shop today...just slip the x10 out of my jacket pocket and ...Point and Shoot! Couldn't be easier! Colors are perfect, WB excellent, super fast lens.....fits in your jacket pocket......life is good!

[/url] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
This sure looks good for a "little" camera!

JP
11-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
As for Fuji......hype or not, they have sold a boatload or several of X100s and the x10 looks to outsell it......that's not hype, that's money in the bank!
May I add here that this is "money in the bank", that Fuji can and likely shall put into further developing and perfecting their technology, both electronic and optical...

11-23-2011, 05:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
I'm in a similar situation. I just picked up a D700 last month, which so far I really like, so at the moment I have both the D700 and K-5. I was considering something like the X10 to have something smaller, although I'm not 100% sold on it yet (although to be honest, I haven't had much time to really look into it). I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what they put out next
If I didn't already have an X100 I'd be all over the X10. I just can't afford it right now. I'm too old to ask for it Xmas from my parents and my three dogs aren't allowed to have credit cards so I'm sunk.............for now.

Given what time I've spent with the X100, I'm guessing Fuji will come up with something really good. It's just a really well put together camera. Does it meet everyone expectations probably not. It's not trying to.

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the hybrid viewfinder. You get a choice between optical or electronic on the X100. So basically you have two viewfinders. I usually use the electronic one but the optical one works as good as any fixed lense optical viewfinder I've ever used so what's the deal there? It's not like your going to get a better one on a Yashicamat or Cannonet. I've used both of those so that's just my opinion and maybe not worth much. From what I've read on Serious Compacts the viewfinder on the X10 is very good too.

I can say for a fact that the viewfinder on the K5 stinks for manual focusing compared to virtually any electronic viewfinder I've used on MFT cameras. Now I don't do sports photography so maybe that would be problematic, but I do frequently take pictures of my three dogs. And.....compared to the D700 you might as well just be looking over the lens and guessing with the K5. I've got to hand to it to Nikon on the viewfinder. That thing is really amazing.