Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
11-29-2011, 08:02 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tuco...it's different around here...I shot all over the train station and outside at the trains....not a word from anyone.

A few from this afternoon.....x10

Ancient gas station
[IMG] [/IMG]

Some Fall color...finally!
[IMG] [/IMG]

The day is over..
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

11-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Tuco...it's different around here...I shot all over the train station and outside at the trains....not a word from anyone.

Regards!
It just hasn't reached you yet

Nice shots. Your fall colors are just starting? Man, the leaves have already fallen off most the trees here. And I'll trade you ten rainy days for one of those nice ones in your shots.
11-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Played with the X10 some more in the store last night. I'm thinking as far as size and ease of use go it is as close as they are ever likely to get to issuing a digital replacement for the wonderful Konica C35 compact rangefinder.
11-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Played with the X10 some more in the store last night. I'm thinking as far as size and ease of use go it is as close as they are ever likely to get to issuing a digital replacement for the wonderful Konica C35 compact rangefinder.
Never having been a film shooter, I had to look that up Mike. I think you may be right...it looks very similar and is maybe a similar size...or is the x10 smaller?

Just being realistic....at least for me...a camera needs to feel good in my hands and also look good for me to fully enjoy it.......I mean look like it is a camera, not some big bulky plastic box. That may label me as superficial....but I think most of us are a little slanted that way...about a lot of things!
The x10 certainly fills the order for good looks and comfort in my hands, and my only regret is that I am not a good enough shooter to take full advantage of its potential, because I do believe it is a lot more capable than I am. Maybe I will get better...maybe not, but regardless, it is a heck of a lot of fun to use!

Health food...with Funyuns as a back-up just in case you get too healthy! Love the Fuji colors!
Name:  DSCF1255-700.jpg
Views: 2087
Size:  215.2 KB

Been wondering if the x10 will shoot chicken livers......it will!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 11-30-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: add photo
11-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Agreed; that or the Rollei 35. Tempted, very tempted; especially since the stores now are extending product returns on purchases now for two weeks past Christmas... plenty of time to play & test.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
11-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Here's a Brazilian website's review of the X10.

Didn't bother translating it but it's got some really good closeup pics of the hardware for those interested.

Hands-on: Fujifilm Finepix X10
12-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Deep fried livers and cold beer - comfort food to me!

Nothing special, but due to the lack of daylight, just snapping anything gets in in the view at home... Food that is ("supermacro mode")

Regards,
D

12-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #23
Veteran Member

And the winter boredom continues... Just trying to get familiar and get use to such wide angle lens (since it's the only way to get very close to the subjects)

Regards,
D
12-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #24
Veteran Member

That Brazilian site has some great x10 hardware shots...wish the review was in English!

Here is a people shot from the x10....two in fact.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

I keep thinking the fun will wear off...but it doesn't!

Regards!
12-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #25

A few first shots with the x10. What a fun little camera.

12-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Just stuck the x10 out the window as I passed by and shot this one as I drove by on a gloomy afternoon...
[IMG] [/IMG]

Nice shots Dan! It is indeed a very fun little camera. I'm still exploring all the features, and will be for some time. I have shot a few Raw shots, but I can't seem to beat the Jpegs turned out by the x10....Fuji really nailed the processing in this little camera.
Regards!
12-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster

X100

12-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Tuco...stop cheating! You know we can't match that DOF! Love that last one, very nice indeed!
Here is a little x10 color for you........I had a CP mounted and in the wrong place on the hood here, but it still turned out OK...got that corrected now!
[IMG] [/IMG]

You know you are welcome to post some shots here....love to have you drop in and give us a run down on the x100!
Flickr: Small Camera Heaven

Regards!
Rupert!

Tuco- You might like this, it is rated "X" and erotic...but in a good sort of way!
The Online Photographer: Guest Post: Robert Plotkin on the X100

Last edited by Rupert; 12-03-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: add link
12-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Few more from X10

Regards,
D
12-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Tuco...stop cheating! You know we can't match that DOF! Love that last one, very nice indeed!
You know you are welcome to post some shots here....love to have you drop in and give us a run down on the x100!
Thanks. I'm use to a 50mm being a really wide lens with my other cameras. This 23mm is like a piece of cake to get deep DOF. And shallow DOF takes some close focusing. I really don't have much to say about the camera that hasn't all ready been said in reviews of it.