Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2014, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #4276
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations!

Allow me to raise a glass (not a Fuji shot, but a really good drop).

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
04-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #4277
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Happy 48th Anniversary Mrs Rupert! I'll buy dinner tonight!
Wow, 48 years, congrats!
04-12-2014, 03:46 AM   #4278
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Allow me to raise a glass (not a Fuji shot, but a really good drop).
Lovely, and good brew as well...
04-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #4279
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Pop, Clarkey!

I didn't do a beer shot last night, but that brew of Clarkey's would have gone good with our Mexican anniversary dinner.

X20

One in the "Toy Camera" setting....

It was delicious stuff! Unlike almost 50 years ago when we would have partied all night, we ate our meal, came home and Mrs Rupert watched her Hallmark movie, I played with my Toy Camera photos, and we promptly went to bed...and to sleep! It's time in life to sit back and relax, enjoy every day, and have a little fun.....

Regards!

04-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #4280
Veteran Member

My shots from Flickr are not posting....they show up in preview but not in the post. I am posting the same way I have since Flickr made the changes and they have been working fine. Any ideas what is wrong? I sure hope Flickr will stop "improving" their site.

Regards!

Update: Now they are showing...what's up????

Last edited by Rupert; 04-13-2014 at 06:45 AM.
04-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #4281
Veteran Member

A quick pic of the moon tonight - taken with the 500mm Tamron 55bb with the 2x teleconverter. I haven't had this lens for a while - it's great fun to have one again! I shot this at ISO800, 1/550th, handheld leaning against my window. It took about 20 shots to get this one crisp one - who thought it was a good idea to have a thousand millimeter lens that focuses *past* infinity, I ask you!

04-13-2014, 04:19 AM   #4282
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks Pop, Clarkey!

I didn't do a beer shot last night, but that brew of Clarkey's would have gone good with our Mexican anniversary dinner.

X20

One in the "Toy Camera" setting....

It was delicious stuff! Unlike almost 50 years ago when we would have partied all night, we ate our meal, came home and Mrs Rupert watched her Hallmark movie, I played with my Toy Camera photos, and we promptly went to bed...and to sleep! It's time in life to sit back and relax, enjoy every day, and have a little fun.....

Regards!
That looks fabulous!

04-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #4283
Veteran Member

Still learning my way around the Fuji + Tamron 500mm combo. The Tammy always impresses me with the detail I captures. It's lost in the poor contrast of the mirror lens, but it *is* there, and some playing with black point and unsharp mask and bam - the detail pops right out. The Fuji is great for the Tamron - with the lack of AA filter, all that detail is there to be extracted

These were shot handheld, using focus peaking, at dusk. Can't wait for my tripod collar to arrive :P The adapter for Adaptall2 to Fuji is kind of hilarious you guys - the registration distance is measured in inches, the adapter is almost as wide as the 2x teleconverter

not only the details of the glass, but the inverted reflection of the street & trees outside as seen in the bottom of the glass...

the printing on the cable housing of this phone line, the watermarks in the dust on the bottom of the housing, the growth of moss near the cable....
04-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #4284
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My first try at cross posting. I liked the light that day and tried to capture it, a snap with the X10 from my favorite place in Maine, a good 10 miles off the coast, Monhegan Island. I'm looking across the harbor from Monhegan at Manana Island, actually.

04-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #4285
Veteran Member

Nice Jac!...saw it over in the other thread. I cross post everywhere....I think it's OK?...it's not like cross dressing, you know!

Ec...You are certainly having fun with that lens...I love to see that! Tonight is eclipse night.....will you be out there? It dropped below 50F here so I'm not going out until it hits at least 70F again!

Dinner tonight...I threw it together quick, about 40 minutes from scratch! I'm getting pretty fast now that I can walk again...sort of!

Got me a new blender last week.....been making a lot of blueberry and raspberry smoothies.....delicious!

X20

Didn't get a shot, but I made this last week and it was surprisingly delicious!
Creamy Broccoli and Spinach Soup Recipe | Real Simple Recipes

I like to try new recipes, and will eat most anything.......anything dead or moving slow!

Regards!
04-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #4286
Veteran Member

Some more "cross-posting"...not to be confused with cross-dressing, which I seldom do......but have been known to wear pantyhose on really cold days when working outside.

I am using the X10 a little more lately....love the EXR sensor! A cow shot, not a very good one, but I do like the colors!

Regards!
04-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #4287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, choices. It can get confusing at times, but that said, I like my Fuji options, and I do need to get out more. Interesting crop there, Rupert! And that meal looked tasty and healthy.
04-16-2014, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #4288
Veteran Member

Jac - Been carrying around my X10 the last few days. I have to say, I still prefer the EXR over my X20. Maybe it is in my head, but I think the shots are better in most cases, regardless of reviews that say otherwise. I do miss the information in the OVF the X20 provides, it does indeed make shooting easier. Also, the X20 is faster and much more accurate to focus...but still, the EXR is great on the X10.

One from my dental visit today...

X10

Regards!
04-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #4289
Veteran Member

Jac....You following the rumors on the X30? Have an interest? I'm thinking this might be the one for me...as a Toy Camera shooter. I have not eliminated the X-T1, but it isn't available anyhow, and evaluating my real needs and what I shoot most, the X30 might be a more fun and useful camera...and save a few $$$ too! A 1" or + sensor would get me up into the "Advancing Amateur" class, not the Pro class where the X-T1 would land me...but I'm not sure I am ready for fame and fortune anyhow?

Regards!
04-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #4290
Veteran Member

Wake up over here....it's time for lunch!

Reckon what we have here?

2" thick pork chops you can cut with a fork...one for me, one for Mrs Rupert!

Let's have some pecan cobbler too!

Delicious! .....See that look I got when I asked Mrs Rupert to give it back to me!

Time to move on and visit some of the scenery near Cooper's BBQ in Llano Texas...

Great day! Toy Camera X20...Toy Audi TT...Mrs Rupert...and gorgeous sunny warm weather!

Regards!