Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2014, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #4486
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A quick walk around Heart Lake Conservation Area

X-E1 and my wife's Minolta Tele Rokkor QE 100mm F3.5. A little hard to hold steady, but shockingly sharp and the colours are also great.
Lightroom Pro Neg Hi preset, CA removal, sharpening and a little highlight control.

What are you looking at?
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Sundew
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Cycle
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Waiting game
by clarke_ag, on Flickr

Last edited by Clarkey; 07-27-2014 at 07:57 PM. Reason: One more....
07-31-2014, 07:04 AM   #4487
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Clarkey....They don't get better than those! Hang it up and retire, you will never do better!

Regards!
07-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #4488
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Clarkey....They don't get better than those! Hang it up and retire, you will never do better!

Regards!
Haha, cheers - always trying to get better. I think I am going to try printing the "Waiting Game" shot, just to see what it looks like.
08-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #4489
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree, lovely photos.

Now, it's that time!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
08-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #4490
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And another to keep this thread alive, if possible. The lobsters arrive here... Low tide, Prospect Harbor, Maine.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X10  Photo 
08-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #4491
Veteran Member

Appreciate the BF shot Jac! Wish I had a big fat lobster for tonight! Nice shot there too!

Really...I'm going to post my Lone Star beer this Friday. No kidding! See if you guys can gather a crowd to view it, it's not often I follow through with a BF shot!

Nice group shot Clicker.....gather them around on this coming BF, I bet they have never seen a Lone Star beer? Once opened, it could clear out that game room in a few seconds with its unmistakeable aroma.....

Regards!
08-06-2014, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #4492
Veteran Member

Great photos still coming through here!

Ive not taken much of late, lost my photography mojo of late.

Only 2 I kind of liked out of a reset set was these 2.

Cheers, Steve

08-06-2014, 11:51 AM - 1 Like   #4493
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A little "lamppost magic" ... with the XE-2

08-08-2014, 09:54 AM - 1 Like   #4494
Veteran Member

By golly it's Friday and I'm gonna get that Lone Star beer shot up tonight...Guaranteed! You guys know you can count on old Rupert!

Regards!
08-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #4495
Veteran Member

My poor X100 has been sitting in the cabinet unused for months. I've been feeling terribly guilty about, so I took it with me last when I went to meet a friend for a beer.

Here's the token BF shot,

and here's one I took a little later.
08-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #4496
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
My poor X100 has been sitting in the cabinet unused for months. I've been feeling terribly guilty about, so I took it with me last when I went to meet a friend for a beer.

Here's the token BF shot,

and here's one I took a little later.
Nice shots, Colton, and glad to see this week's Beer Friday First! Nice images in that glass of beer, The bicycle shot is nice, too. I like shadows, which means light. The X100 is great, and I need to use mine more, too.
08-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #4497
Veteran Member

Where is Rupert and his damn Lone Star beer? That lying piece of......

Maybe he just forgot.....or fell asleep watching a boring "feel good" movie Mrs Rupert made him watch....or maybe he is just so damn old his mind is going south on him? Anyhow, that "guarantee" must be backed by Otis...and just as worthless.

Thank you for the nice BF shots Colton...we need to see more from you here, you can help us make up for the missing shots of some of those promise breakers that fail to deliver.

Regards!
08-12-2014, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #4498
Veteran Member

Looks like my credibility has taken a hit here....but I did have the best of intentions to post my Lone Star beer last Friday...and the Friday before...and the Friday before....and....
Technical malfunctions can upset the best of intentions, surely I can be forgiven for recurring brain cramps that seem to hit most every Friday? It's like when you use up all your memory and Photoshop just freezes just when you are almost finished with an hours worth of processing. If you have XP, as I do, there is a limit to how much memory you can add. If you have a 70 year old brain, your options are even less favorable!

Anyhow, you can sure count on old Rupert this Friday. I've tied a string around my little finger as a reminder!

Can I post this shot I took with my Toy Camera X20 on Sunday as a stand-in until Friday? Everyone likes a pretty girl almost as much as a cold beer...right?

This girl has a skin tone like I have never seen before...absolutely gorgeous!

Regards!...see you Friday!
08-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #4499
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
...Everyone likes a pretty girl almost as much as a cold beer...right?
Right. And when you're 70, almost all young girls are pretty, right?
08-13-2014, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #4500
Veteran Member

The word "almost" is imperative......some are just plain scary looking in today's world! Know what I mean...I bet you do!

Pretty young girls do beat the alternative....

Always been partial to blonds...

A Topaz Adjust version.....still lovely!

Here's that shot in the above post done in Topaz Adjust......I think I like it better!

Don't forget to show up here on Friday Tuco! Friday is the Big BF Lone Star Beer night! I have that string tied around my little finger so I won't forget......not likely I will, my finger has now turned purple, so it is easy to see!

Best Regards!