Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Nice
But I don't like the idea of hybrid viewfinder. Pure EVF would be much better (I mean EVF like one of Sony, others are worse)

01-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
If this is correct, Fuji will be making an adapter for M mount lenses
And having 50mm Voigtlander f1.1 or SLR Magic f0.95 would be ohhh so nice (dreaming ahead)

Regards,
D
01-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Too me Fuji X-Pro 1 looks like something that will keep Leica busy for a while.
Definitely; it'll keep them busy making their M mount lenses, because not only will you have m4/3 users and Leica users, and the usual dSLR users and GXR users after their lenses, soon, X-pro1 users will also be after them
01-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #94
Veteran Member

More info. Flash and the case + lens specs. I can't wait.

Fuji X-Pro 1 XF lens details + pictures of the new EF-X20 flash and LC-XPro1 leather case | Photo Rumors

01-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #95
Veteran Member

I decided to avoid this camera. I don't need useless hybrid crap instead of reliable EVF: the OVF part only brings additional complexity of build and increases price. It's practically useless (and for most people, that's why rangefinders became a niche once SLR appeared). And I believe the real premium camera should have bigger than APS-C sensor to achieve real IQ boost. WIth these fuju sensor enhancements the IQ boost will be only visible in specific cases, the sensor size is much more important.
01-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Amazon is taking pre-order on lenses

Amazon is taking pre-order on lenses (if anyone is interested)

Be the 1st! Amazon Taking Pre-Orders for the Fuji X-Pro 1 Lenses! | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

But I'm still curious what is the kit price for body with 35mm f1.4 (I think that's about all that I want)

Regards,
D
01-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

01-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #98
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Definitely; it'll keep them busy making their M mount lenses, because not only will you have m4/3 users and Leica users, and the usual dSLR users and GXR users after their lenses, soon, X-pro1 users will also be after them
but they aren't busy making M mount lenses. yes, people are using M mount, but its all in the used market, which is steadily rising to astronomical prices because Leica isn't putting out enough lenses. they can't even keep up with the lenses their own camera users are wanting, much less the m4/3 and nex users want. besides, people buying these cameras to adapt M mount lenses usually already have M mount lenses, they sure aren't going to go out and buy brand new Leica glass at prices that are 5-6x higher or more than what they paid for their camera body. the only company that should be concerned about production is Cosina with their Voigtlander lenses. Leica probably doesn't care one bit about the demand for their lenses beyond those that are using their digital M's, and they are frustrating those customers as it is. more cameras like this will only have an effect on the used market, which means the price of used glass will keep going up.

on that note, I have a Leica collapsable Summicron on sale in the marketplace for a good price!

if they designed an m42 adapter, so I could use my tiny little Auto-Takumar lenses id might consider this camera more, but I'm still pretty interested.

Last edited by séamuis; 01-08-2012 at 09:32 AM.
01-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote

Be the 1st! Amazon Taking Pre-Orders for the Fuji X-Pro 1 Lenses! | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

But I'm still curious what is the kit price for body with 35mm f1.4 (I think that's about all that I want)

Regards,
D
Thanks!!!!! I just pre-ordered all three. I figure the kit will be cheaper than buying the body and lens separately but I wanted to get my place in line for whatever I can get. Once they list the kit I'll just drop whatever lens comes with it. I'm assuming it will be the 35 though.

Anyone interested in a lightly used K5, 50-135, and DA 100mm macro (the weather sealed one) I will be listing them in the marketplace at the end of January.
01-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #100
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't be looking over here anymore...it is sending a tingle up my leg.......what a gorgeous camera!
Regards!
01-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #101
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote

Those links are dead now and I can't find any relevant hit when searching for Fuji X-Pro1 on amazon.
01-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Those links are dead now and I can't find any relevant hit when searching for Fuji X-Pro1 on amazon.
I missed on pre-ordering the body. I only got the lenses in. I think the pre-order's for the body lasted about 30 minutes at most. They probably got swamped and took it down. Oh well I'll have the lenses and no body.....figures.....
01-08-2012, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #103
Veteran Member

I don't particularly like the look of these lenses. The body is super sexy, much better than leica IMO. But lenses aren't near as good. I strongly prefer the look of leicas. BTW, I think FA limiteds looks better as well.
01-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #104
JHD
Veteran Member

That OVF looks like an afterthought. I'd much rather have an articulating LCD or a real VF. Thanks, but no thanks.
01-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #105
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On a bright sunny Texas day, the OVF on my little x10 is heaven sent! You have to get used to it, but that is fast and easy. I assume the X-Pro will be even better. All cameras have trade offs, this is no deal killer by any means for me. If the X-=Pro just equals my x10 and delivers all those pixels I will be delighted.

Regards!