Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
New Fuji X camera to be announced next week. Anyone else excited?

New Fuji X Interchangeable Lens Camera..photo leaks | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

I've been waiting for Pentax to make a small, interchangeable lens, camera that handles like the ME Super for years. It's been discussed here by others before, but alas Fuji were the ones who listened... If this camera will be good, I might get one. Will still wait for Pentax' entry in the EVIL arena though. Hope they deliver something worth the wait...

01-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote

I've been waiting for Pentax to make a small, interchangeable lens, camera that handles like the ME Super for years. It's been discussed here by others before, but alas Fuji were the ones who listened... If this camera will be good, I might get one. Will still wait for Pentax' entry in the EVIL arena though. Hope they deliver something worth the wait...
I'm ready and waiting to put in the pre order the first day I can based on my experience with the X100 and X10.
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If you do, please report if they fixed all the bugs and quirks of the X100
01-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Yes, I'm mildly excited. Not overly excited, just mildly. But if it's really cool I'll probably get overly excited and buy it.

01-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Well, Mr. Ledbetter I am pretty interested to see what they come up with. Some rumors point towards them using the organic CMOS sensor that was patented a few years ago; that could be VERY interesting, especially if the camera has a short enough registration distance to allow for M mount adapters.
01-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Looks interesting, I will keep an eye on it
01-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #7

Very interested...there has been some rumours that it could even be FF, but even an APS-C version might be tempting... These are very interesting times..

01-04-2012, 05:45 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@pingflood - Call me Huddie from Shreveport Me too, looking forward to using M lenses on it too, if the registration distance allows for it. But still pining for a retro Pentax Mirrorless that can take K-mount lenses
01-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Here is some fun reading on the organic sensor. Pretty neat stuff.

Fuji’s Organic Sensor Technology | Peter.vdHamer.com
01-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Having used X10 for a month (didn't keep it), I loved the feel and handling of the camera. What I was hoping for, is camera that is more than P&S and allows to use 4 main parameters, such as Aperture, ISO, Shutter Speed and WB to achieve results I wanted, not "technology" and bunch of other electronic settings... In that perspective, in my mind, X10 did not deliver (was however a terrific P&S)

So in short, the compact camera I want is a "very compact version of DSLR". If this upcoming one has a larger sensor and behaves as a very compact DSLR, with out having a camera to do it's "digital magic", I'm willing to spend money on it readily...

Excited and looking forward to it!

Regards,
D
01-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #11
Banned

The SLR film cameras were not that small with winder.

Anyone coming out with a mirrorless FF with 1080p60 and great EVF like the NEX-7 I will look at.

NEX-7 vs K-5 :
Compare camera dimensions side by side

Last edited by jogiba; 01-04-2012 at 07:18 AM.
01-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #12
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm interested, but it will have to exceed my K5 to attract me to spend the cash on another system. If it is small enough, and very similar to the x100 or x10 in design, it might do it. Otherwise, the K5 and the x10 together cover just about anything I ever hope to accomplish.
Regards!
01-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it is anything like the mocked up one floating around i may well put my goal of the FA ltd trio on indefinite hold and sell off my medium format. it's dead sexy and the sensor rumours sound excellent. (stolen from Petapixel)

01-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #14
Veteran Member

If you do, please report if they fixed all the bugs and quirks of the X100
What quirks and bugs? Mine does exactly what I want it to do. That's why my K5 has been sitting in my closet for 6 months.
01-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
If it is anything like the mocked up one floating around i may well put my goal of the FA ltd trio on indefinite hold and sell off my medium format. it's dead sexy and the sensor rumours sound excellent. (stolen from Petapixel)
I think that is accurate. I want it NOW.

I think there will be three lenses covering basically 35-50-85.