Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Banned

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V waterproof compact with 1080p60 !

18.2 Megapixel Back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor
The 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor captures ultra-high definition images that take full advantage of the camera’s sharp Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens. The sensor enables advanced processing that reduces noise levels up to 6 times more than other sensors, resulting in stunning low light images with incredible details.

Waterproof and dustproof

The sleek and stylish DSC-TX200V fits the slimmest pocket or purse. Thanks to its airtight construction, it is dustproof as well as waterproof to a depth of 16 feet.

Slim glass design plus a 3.3-inch OLED
The DSC-TX200V features a sleek, polished glass camera front without protruding lenses or control buttons, making it one of the thinnest cameras in its class, and adding to its water- and dust-proof design. The 5X optical zoom extends internally, and scenes can be composed or played back on the camera’s bright and colorful 3.3-inch OLED monitor.

Hi-speed AF

To improve focusing speed and sensitivity, the Exmor R CMOS sensor uses its rapid 240fps throughput to deliver high-quality image signals to the camera’s BIONZ processor, which provides intelligent response data to a new high speed actuator motor in the lens. The result is fast, DSLR-like focusing speeds even in low light.
Full HD 1080/60p

Record crystal clear movies at the highest resolution available with capabilities for 60p in 1080. This provides stunning, fast motion video with less distortion for playback on your HD TV. With dual record of stills and movies, you can shoot both at the same time.

Optical zoom plus Clear image zoom

Most digital zooms use electronic cropping to get closer to the subject, resulting in unsharp images. With Clear Image Zoom the powerful processor compares patterns found in adjacent pixels and creates new pixels to match selected patterns, resulting in more realistic, higher-quality images. Clear Image Zoom doubles optical zoom for closer photos.

Capture the decisive moment with up to 10fps

Capture full 18.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10 frames per second, helping to ensure that the decisive moment is captured such as the soccer ball flying into the goal. In addition, a mechanical shutter helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting moving subjects.

Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode

Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode for blur-free movies even while walking. Camera-shake compensation using Optical SteadyShot/Active Mode has been improved with the addition of new electronic image stabilization. Now it’s easier than ever to obtain sharp, blur-free movies even when zooming in unsteady situations, such as shooting with one hand while walking.
Amazon.com: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V 18.2 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 3.3-inch OLED (Silver) (New Model): Camera & Photo

01-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Banned

Original Poster
"stills and video with extremely low noise"

Far more svelte than its lengthy product name, the Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V is Sony's new point-and-shoot flagship, packing an 18.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor, 26mm 5x optical zoom lens, 1080/60p video capture and a 3.3-inch Xtra Fine TruBlack OLED touchscreen. Sony claims that the cam's BIONZ processor can help it capture stills and video with extremely low noise, and an improved focusing system can deliver speeds of about 0.13 seconds in daylight and 0.25 seconds in lower-light conditions. Its reflective durable housing enables waterproof shooting down to 16 feet, and can protect the camera from dust and freezing temperatures of 14 degrees Fahrenheit.
Sony grows Cyber-shot family by three with DSC-WX50 and WX70, ultra-thin TX200V -- Engadget

01-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm surprised that it doesn't have that front push-up-and-down cover that the DXC-TX10 had - but this one looks miiiiighty fine.
01-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
DPR is showing a 1,229,760 dot 3.3-inch (8.3cm) Xtra Fine™ Tru-Black OLED wide touch-screen :
Sony announces three CMOS-based compacts including 18MP DSC-TX200V: Digital Photography Review

But the Sony store is showing a 921k dot 3" LCD :
Sony Cybershot Waterproof Digital Camera | Cyber-shot Digital Camera TX200V | DSC-TX200V | Sony USA

I wish Sony would dump memory stick and just use SDHC/SDXC cards.

01-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I think I will sell my NEX-5N as this one looks more pocketable.

Very cool look little camera. If it only had a phone function.

Jason

Last edited by Jasvox; 01-30-2012 at 09:19 AM.
01-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I think I will sell my NEX-5N as this one looks more pocketable.

Very cool look little camera. If it only had a phone function.

Jason
Not sure how much you are joking there
01-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Not sure how much you are joking there
A lot.

Although a phone in that camera would be hard to resist. None of the other apps/programs though, please.

Jason

01-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #8
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
DPR is showing a 1,229,760 dot 3.3-inch (8.3cm) Xtra Fine™ Tru-Black OLED wide touch-screen :
Sony announces three CMOS-based compacts including 18MP DSC-TX200V: Digital Photography Review

But the Sony store is showing a 921k dot 3" LCD :
Sony Cybershot Waterproof Digital Camera | Cyber-shot Digital Camera TX200V | DSC-TX200V | Sony USA

I wish Sony would dump memory stick and just use SDHC/SDXC cards.
R Butler from DPR posted this :
The specs Sony sent us, and their press release, say OLED, but we'll check.
Then he posted this:
We've checked and they're going to correct their website.

So it does have the 1,229,760 dot 3.3-inch (8.3cm) Xtra Fine™ Tru-Black OLED wide touch-screen.
01-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I'm waiting for Sony to announce the DSC-HX20.

I've previously owned the HX7 - it was one the best and most usable compact cameras I have every owned, but I ended up giving it to my father in law because it didn't have a touchscreen, and one of the best features I miss from my NEX5N is the "touch to focus" feature.

I'm glad to see the new models all have touch screens - I'll probably get the HX20. Out of the models in this announcement, the W70 doesn't look too bad but clearly a cut down version of the HX series cameras.
01-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
GPS function on the Sony DSC-TX200V
The Sony CyberShot TX200V also offers a GPS function and compass to record location data as you shoot videos and photos. GPS Log lets users track a photographic journey and later view the path and images on a map. The Sony DSC-TX200V also offers Map View in “PlayMemories Home” software, allows users to view images on a map showing where they were taken. The logged path and images can also be displayed on Google Earth.

Sony CyberShot DSC-TX200V photo quality
The advanced Sony TX200V digital camera offers extreme fast AutoFocus speeds of approximately 0.13 seconds in daytime and 0.25 seconds in low-light situations (speeds may vary based on shooting conditions), helping to ensure you never miss the moment. The new Sony CyberShot DSC-TX200 camera features a new "Extra High Sensitivity" technology, which minimizes unwanted noise in low-light shooting conditions. The Sony DSC-TX200V digital camera also offers image stabilization during video and still shooting. Using technology borrowed from the Sony Handycam line-up, the "Optical Steady Shot Active Mode" drastically reduces blurring caused by camera shake while on the move. The Sony TX200V can shoot video in Full HD 1080p resolution at 60fps. For consumers who want to get closer to their subjects without losing quality, the Sony DSC-TX200V offers "Clear Image Zoom" technology, which boosts optical zoom to 2x virtual capability (becoming 10x virtual zoom) at Full camera resolution.

Camera features on the Sony DSC-TX200V
Additional notable features of the new Sony CyberShot DSC-TX200V includes nine "Picture Effect" options for expanded creativity, "Dual Record" capabilities, 3D shooting modes (3D Still Image, 3D Sweep Panorama and Sweep Multi Angle), fast shooting speeds (10 fps burst mode) and more.

Sony DSC-TX200V price & availability
Besides the new CyberShot DSC-TX200V digital camera Sony also offers a wide range of stylish accessories, including the LCS-WM and LCS-THT soft carrying cases. Both the camera and the accessories will be available from March 2012. The Sony DSC-TX200V camera will be available in silver, red, and violet for an estimated retail price of $500 USD.

Sony DSC-TX200V specifications
• 18.2 MP "Exmor R" CMOS sensor
• 26mm equivalent lens with 5x optical zoom
• 10x virtual zoom via "Clear Image Zoom" technology
• "Extra High Sensitivity" technology enhances low-light shooting capabilities
• Lightning-fast AF speed of approximately 0.13 second in daylight, 0.25 seconds in low-light
• Beautiful reinforced glass design with 3.3" Xtra Fine Tru-Black OLED wide touch-screen
• Waterproof (up to 5m, 16 feet), dustproof and freeze-proof (up to 14oF)
• Captures 13 MP still images while shooting video via "Dual-Record"
• Full HD Movie Shooting capability (1920x1080/60p)
• Optical SteadyShot Active Mode
• Photo Creativity interface
• 9 "Picture Effect" options
Sony CyberShot DSC-TX200V | LetsGoDigital