Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My X10 Has Made Me Whole!

I got the K5 and have not had a single problem with it from the very start.....none of the dreaded "defects" that others have had the joy of reporting. I've tried every way I can to get a slapping shutter, find a stain, fail in low light....all with no success. So depressing to feel left out.

Then I got the little X10, and found it fantastic...until I started looking in over at DPR in the Fuji Forum to find it is a worthless piece of junk due to these mysterious Orbs that everyone claims ruin the camera completely. I've gone over all my shots, over 3,000 of them in search of a deadly killer Orb so I could whine and complain like normal shooters do....but really couldn't find any qualifier to join the club. I tried to pass this off to myself as a cluster of Orbs....but had to admit, it really is just a cluster of Orbs....not much to do with my little X10.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Again, I have felt left out and dejected by my faulty cameras that fail to fail like they do for other shooters. I figured the Devil Squirrel was behind it all...but had no real proof.
Then today at the bank, I ran across a guy I know trying to get a loan or something, hollered at him , and as he turned I shot with the X10. Looked OK for what it was, a quick snap. Then when I downloaded this afternoon, to my pleasant surprise...I found me an Orb! A real life genuine Orb not some man made contraption but a genuine Fuji Orb of first grade quality! At last! I belong! I feel wanted and like I fit! Isn't life wonderful!

Too bad I am banned for life from DPR (Yep, Squirrels got me banned years ago!) and I can't post news of my great success, but if anyone wants to post over there that Rupert got his first Orb at shot #3,061 feel free to do so. Tell them I am ranting and raving like an insane person...which I may be.

Best Regards!

Gotta love my first Orb! Isn't it a terrific one! It's like it just came out of nowhere and attached itself to the corner of that phone!
Devil Squirrel, if you did this for me, bless your little devil heart!

[IMG] [/IMG]

02-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

To me it is a sticker attached to the corner of the phone, with a shadow under it and what appearers to be text on it.

forget looking for failiers and jump for joy at your high success rate (and brag about it!). The one or two odd imperfection does not make a camera faulty, nothing mechinical is 100% perfect.
02-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rupert: white orbs are out. Black orbs are the real deal now
02-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Ok. Since you are honored above all others, I am sure there are volunteers to swap K-5 bodies with you that will open your door to the wonderful world of REAL k-5 user. There might be a stampede.

02-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

if you ever find a problem just drop it, my X100 had some strange VF banding after i had dropped it...its never showed up again...lol
02-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I got the K5 and have not had a single problem with it from the very start.....none of the dreaded "defects" that others have had the joy of reporting. I've tried every way I can to get a slapping shutter, find a stain, fail in low light....all with no success. So depressing to feel left out.

Then I got the little X10, and found it fantastic...until I started looking in over at DPR in the Fuji Forum to find it is a worthless piece of junk due to these mysterious Orbs that everyone claims ruin the camera completely. I've gone over all my shots, over 3,000 of them in search of a deadly killer Orb so I could whine and complain like normal shooters do....but really couldn't find any qualifier to join the club. I tried to pass this off to myself as a cluster of Orbs....but had to admit, it really is just a cluster of Orbs....not much to do with my little X10.
[/url] [/IMG]

Again, I have felt left out and dejected by my faulty cameras that fail to fail like they do for other shooters. I figured the Devil Squirrel was behind it all...but had no real proof.
Then today at the bank, I ran across a guy I know trying to get a loan or something, hollered at him , and as he turned I shot with the X10. Looked OK for what it was, a quick snap. Then when I downloaded this afternoon, to my pleasant surprise...I found me an Orb! A real life genuine Orb not some man made contraption but a genuine Fuji Orb of first grade quality! At last! I belong! I feel wanted and like I fit! Isn't life wonderful!

Too bad I am banned for life from DPR (Yep, Squirrels got me banned years ago!) and I can't post news of my great success, but if anyone wants to post over there that Rupert got his first Orb at shot #3,061 feel free to do so. Tell them I am ranting and raving like an insane person...which I may be.

Best Regards!

Gotta love my first Orb! Isn't it a terrific one! It's like it just came out of nowhere and attached itself to the corner of that phone!
Devil Squirrel, if you did this for me, bless your little devil heart!

[/url] [/IMG]
That Orb appears on the verge of exploding. You might want to stand back next time you shoot it.
02-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdparker Quote
To me it is a sticker attached to the corner of the phone, with a shadow under it and what appearers to be text on it.

forget looking for failiers and jump for joy at your high success rate (and brag about it!). The one or two odd imperfection does not make a camera faulty, nothing mechinical is 100% perfect.
Thanks a lot.....I didn't even notice the shadow in my hurried excitement...you have now ruined my day. I'm back to being just old "ordinary Rupert".....how disgusting!

Regards

02-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
That Orb appears on the verge of exploding. You might want to stand back next time you shoot it.
uhhh...BOSSA, you dont know Rupert very well I guess. He WAS bragging.
02-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Yes but it looks like t-Orb-ulent times ahead for Orbs and their offspring.
02-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Yes but it looks like t-Orb-ulent times ahead for Orbs and their offspring.
Sure, but just for the lucky ones...not for me...I am always left out of the fun of camera failure. I can't prove it, but I feel certain the Devil Squirrel is behind my failure to obtain camera failure. Everyone else does it with such apparent ease...but of course, they don't have a resident Devil Squirrel hanging around like I do.

Best Regards!
02-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdparker Quote
It's worse than we thought...that's an orb halo. Scary stuff....as you can see from that guy ready to bolt.

I hate to break it to you Rupert....but orbs are sneaky. Look at the first photo carefully. If you look closely, you make one out shaped like a train station.
02-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Rupert- I think you will appreciate this:

Giant Orbs after Firmware Upgrade. Strangely attractive.. [Page 1]: Fujifilm Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
02-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Damn it Stanley....now I feel more left out than ever! Why did you have to show me those? I will spend all of next week trying to get me some Orb shots like those. However, this might appeal to a lot of shooters looking at all the new models........I bet none of them can get Orbs like the X10!

Regards!
02-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Damn it Stanley....now I feel more left out than ever! Why did you have to show me those? I will spend all of next week trying to get me some Orb shots like those. However, this might appeal to a lot of shooters looking at all the new models........I bet none of them can get Orbs like the X10!

Regards!
Yeah I've been talking to my X10 about not getting the largest orbs possible. I think I hurt it's feelings...
02-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Buy it something new and it will get over it. I sure will be glad to see that new Fuji flash....seen it yet? My X10 already wants one. Sleek and low profile, and it is bound to enhance those larger Orbs if we get lucky enough to find some in a local Pub.....
Regards!