Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
05-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #241
Veteran Member

Some more pics and info here

Nokia 808 PureView: new pics and initial availability – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

05-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #242
Banned

Nokia will be bankrupt soon

Nokia is dead meat, they are losing million$ a day and will not sell the 808 in the US. Stick a fork in them , they are done.
Nokia loses $1.7bn in Q1, sales chief falls overboard ? The Register

Last edited by jogiba; 05-04-2012 at 09:07 AM.
05-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #243
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Nokia is dead meat, they are losing million$ a day and will not sell the 808 in the US. Stick a fork in them , they are done.
the "Smart Phones are only for big business and the rich" was a critical error for sure. They really need to turn it around and i'm not sure commiting to the windows system was the right choice unless of course gates is going to buy the company
05-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #244
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Apple, Samsung earn 99% of global mobile profits - SlashGear

Apple alone accounts for 73% of global mobile profits even though they only have an 8.8% unit share.

05-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #245
Pentaxian

Nokia are in trouble, but it won't go out of business simply because they aren't selling a model in the US. The majority of their business was always based in Europe. The biggest problem is not having a great OS. Symbian started out as cutting edge, but was overtaken some years ago and never caught up. Nokia's problem was not admitting this and then compounding this error by not jumping on board the android operating system as Sony did. Using two different operating systems is messy and Symbian is well behind. App based telephony is now a runaway train and Nokia have missed the train. That is why they are losing money.
05-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #246
Banned

Nokia to Defend Itself Against U.S. Class Action Suit

QuoteQuote:
Finnish handset maker Nokia Corp. (NOK) Friday said it will defend itself against a class action suit brought against the company in the United States.

The class action was filed by U.S.-based law firm Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP on Thursday, at the Southern District Court of New York.

In a statement, Robbins Geller said Nokia has misled investors by claiming that its transition to using Microsoft Corp.'s (MSFT) Windows Phone operating systems for its smartphones would halt the company's deteriorating position in the smartphone market.

"It did not. This became apparent on April 11, 2012, when Nokia disclosed that its first-quarter performance would be worse than expected," Robbins Geller said in the statement.

Nokia said its reviewing the suit, adding however that it believes that the allegations "are without merit" and that it will defend itself against the complaint.

Robbins Geller said it seeks to recover damages on behalf of all purchasers of Nokia's shares.

Nokia to Defend Itself Against U.S. Class Action Suit | Fox Business
05-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #247
Pentaxian

It will be danger for ay business if this rather silly class action succeeds. Why would any business take a step forward if it was at risk of being sued? Litigation happy society is not healthy in the long term. Investing in shares is a risk based investment. They can go down as well as up, a fact that was not understood in the 1930's and an act that these lawyers fail to understand now. If companies are not allowed to take leaps forward then you will see very little further growth in the technology market as much is untested. There is no such thing as a 'no risk' strategy.

05-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #248
Banned

internal/disassembly photos

05-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #249
Banned

Nokia 808 PureView confirmed to not be coming to Australia

QuoteQuote:
The official statement from Nokia is as follows

We’re not bringing the PureView 808 to Australia; our smartphone focus is on Nokia with Windows Phone, which we believe is the best fit for this market. You’ll see variations of PureView imaging technology delivered to several Nokia products in the future
Nokia 808 PureView confirmed to not be coming to Australia : My Nokia Blog
05-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #250
Veteran Member

We’re not bringing the PureView 808 to Australia;
Not to the USA, not to Australia...

What are they smoking at Nokia?
05-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #251
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

I don't know, but when I'm back in the Philippines, I'm going to be picking one up. Nokia is huge there. I'm sad it hadn't been released yet, as I was just there for the past month. I like nokia. I like my iPhone too, but you'd have to be dumb to walk around with one of those everywhere there. my E72 and my N8 needs a good partner. I really want this phone.
05-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #252
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I don't know, but when I'm back in the Philippines, I'm going to be picking one up. Nokia is huge there. I'm sad it hadn't been released yet, as I was just there for the past month. I like nokia. I like my iPhone too, but you'd have to be dumb to walk around with one of those everywhere there. my E72 and my N8 needs a good partner. I really want this phone.
Same here. I'm not even bothered about the Phone feature, but just for discrete HQ snapping.
05-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #253
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

It's obvious, IMHO: They don't want to sell too many of them before they have transferred the technology to a phone that runs a less antique operating system.
05-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #254
Banned

Nokia 41mp PureView with a Windows Phone 8 ?

QuoteQuote:
Let us not forget, however, that Nokia is rumored to be working on next-gen Windows Phone 8 devices of its own. One of these devices is said to be codenamed Nokia Prodigy, and rumor has it that it will be far superior when compared to Windows Phone devices of today.
Samsung Windows Phone 8 smartphone to be "as good" as the Galaxy S III, Windows 8 Note tablet incoming
05-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #255
Veteran Member

This phone will be launched, off contract, SIM free, in the US.
Confirmed by Chris Weber, Nokia USA President to PC Magazine.