Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Nikon FM2 motor drive question...

Greetings all,

I just ordered a K10D and will be getting it next week and I'll be able to get back into photography and this time I'll finally take to learn and experiment. The nice thing about a DSLR is not having the expense of film and being able to see results immediately.

I have an old Nikon FM2 camera that i bought as a replacement for the Pentax MX that was stolen from me. I never really liked the Nikon as much as I liked the MX1.

Anyways...I haven't used the Nikon in years....probably because I was never really happy with. That and the MD-12 motor drive stopped working.

Do you think I should sell it or get the MD-12 fixed ...if thats possible? I also have I think its an SB-11 flash (its the one that does not mount onto the camera).

Any suggestions are appreciated....Sprags

PS I apologize if this question is not appropriate for the Pentax Forum.

Last edited by Sprags; 01-11-2008 at 11:06 PM.
01-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd say you're fully covered, if you've ordered the K10D.
I don't know how much any of this is helping, but... I'm pretty sure you'll give up film photography when the DSLR gets here, and you won't care much about the Nikon.

Shame about that stolen MX.

Last edited by ftpaddict; 01-16-2008 at 05:38 AM. Reason: I forgot a word. lol
01-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

MD12's have a common problem where they stop but by shorting two of the contacts they reset and start working again. Mine has done it once (in 25 years!). You should be able to Google up a proper explanation. The other thing I've found is the battery contacts can require cleaning if it's not used in some time. This is made difficult due to them being at the far end of the battery compartment. I tape a Q-tip to a pencil so I can reach them.