Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
^ Tuco...LOL. I've come to realize that most of my images are cropped somewhere in the 20-30% range. I am using less than 16megapixels of image (as in the K5). With a 4K camera or 36meg Full Frame, my creative picture-in-a-picture enables me to use much more of the photograph I take.

I have so much invested in Pentax - from the early '80s - and so many memories.

If you say "Love the one you're with", well I've been with Pentax since right after high school. I have been all over the planet with Pentax. My best memories in LIFE have been shared with a Pentax.

I am loyal to the core. I am so sad that Pentax is pushing me to divorce.

I keep telling Pentax what I need to stay in the relationship, but Pentax does not listen.

Sounds like a rocky marriage, eh?

04-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kennod Quote
Yeah, Marc Newson could have done all that with 2 buttons!
So long as they were square and clashed with the case.
04-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #18
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
At its NAD product presentation, Canon tonight gave technical information about the EOS-1D C (and C500 Cinema EOS) cameras and showed footage from the preproduction cameras to a select crowd on a big screen at a Las Vegas cinema. The most impressive thing to me was a short film shot on the EOS-1D C by Hollywood Director of Photography Shane Hurlbut that showed that in the right hands the DSLR really is capable of amazing 4K imagery. Hurlbut, who recently filmed Hollywood blockbuster ‘Act of Valor’ on Canon DSLRs, likened the 4K image from the EOS-1D C to that produced by traditional Kodak 35mm cine film. He also noted that the camera’s form factor allowed for the same remarkably versatile shooting style which started with the 5D MkII. Having seen the images for myself I have to say I agree with him.
Dan Chung asks Canon about EOS-1D C at 4K launch: Digital Photography Review
04-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
^ Tuco...LOL. I've come to realize that most of my images are cropped somewhere in the 20-30% range. I am using less than 16megapixels of image (as in the K5). With a 4K camera or 36meg Full Frame, my creative picture-in-a-picture enables me to use much more of the photograph I take.

I have so much invested in Pentax - from the early '80s - and so many memories.

If you say "Love the one you're with", well I've been with Pentax since right after high school. I have been all over the planet with Pentax. My best memories in LIFE have been shared with a Pentax.

I am loyal to the core. I am so sad that Pentax is pushing me to divorce.

I keep telling Pentax what I need to stay in the relationship, but Pentax does not listen.

Sounds like a rocky marriage, eh?
Nothing wrong with going down with the ship - it has romantic notions;-)

Maybe they will surprise you and all loyal to the death Pentax users with a lovely anniversary present

04-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Maybe they will surprise you and all loyal to the death Pentax users with a lovely anniversary present
I hope so. I have such wonderful glass - which out-resolves my K5 sensor!
04-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #21
Forum Member

LaurenOE . . since your husband fled to Nikon land, maybe you can really stir things up and Go Canon
04-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GreenMachine Quote
LaurenOE . . since your husband fled to Nikon land, maybe you can really stir things up and Go Canon
LOL..That is funny. One of my closest friends is the Jib operator for Ultimate Fighter in Las Vegas. He's done Survivor and countless other projects. He did a little Star Wars fan film called "A Light in the Darkness" -

A Light in the Darkness

Before he started filming, he came over and asked me about my Pentax K7 (at the time). We did some tests shots, and 720p and non manual control did not suit him.

He went with Canon and continues in that direction.

Another friend of mine - who shoots professionally in New York and is nationally known for his 20+ years of Tennis coverage and wall street coverage, also shoots Canon and is one of their supported photographers.

Many of my friends are "In the Business" and as a Pentaxian, I am the "weird one".
I routinely show up at functions with them, pull out my Pentax and I get gasps.

I am a living advertisement for Pentax.

Technically I *should* be Canon. The peer pressure is strong amongst my friends.

I will be a Pentaxian until I die.

Last edited by LaurenOE; 04-18-2012 at 06:53 AM.
04-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On another note -- most of the actors in the above linked movie are my friends -- I can't watch it without a chuckle. I refused to be in it.

Just THINK if Pentax was chosen.
04-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #24
Forum Member

hmmmmmmmm . . . . Sounds like Wedding Vows . . Until death Do Us part eh? . .ahahahha.
04-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GreenMachine Quote
hmmmmmmmm . . . . Sounds like Wedding Vows . . Until death Do Us part eh? . .ahahahha.
It seems that way. I am too loyal when love is involved.

All it takes is - show me a good time, be with me in good times, be with me in bad times.

Pentax has been there.
04-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #26
Forum Member

That's really great for you . . . it's hard to even guess what direction Pentax will go in . . they keep the R&D and future road map a secret and then everyone just gives up and moves on. Dollar for Dollar, yes Pentax puts out a great image.
04-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
What's that saying... love the one your with?
Spoken like a true Pentax/Fuji/Mamiya/Hasselblad/Wisner owner

Steve

(Pentax/Ricoh/Mamiya/Yashica/FED/Zorki/Kiev/Canon/Chamonix owner...)