Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

New Toy

Contax RX just arrived today! Just finished one roll, and going to try to get in another before dark tonight. It's so fun shooting with this camera, I might not even care if the pictures suck.

04-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's a nice looking camera, too bad they didn't make the transition to digital. It would have been a nice home for all those Contax mount T*s.
04-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice ...

Let us know how the photos come out ... SVP
04-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
That's a nice looking camera, too bad they didn't make the transition to digital. It would have been a nice home for all those Contax mount T*s.
Oh, but they did.

Contax N Digital Review

04-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Oh, but they did.

Contax N Digital Review
Successfully I mean. I remember reading that the Pentax full frame was supposed to use that same sensor, and was the reason it was pulled. Nice article though, thanks for that.
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
K-9
Veteran Member

Nice. I always wanted a chunky Contax body back in the 90's. How does it feel comfort and size wise?
04-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have the same lens, but mine's on a RTS II. Haven't shot it in 7 years though. Maybe I should dig up a roll of film and go shoot something.

04-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Nice. I always wanted a chunky Contax body back in the 90's. How does it feel comfort and size wise?
For me, it's nearly perfect. I do wish it had a grip, but it's pretty darn good as is.
04-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote
I have the same lens, but mine's on a RTS II. Haven't shot it in 7 years though. Maybe I should dig up a roll of film and go shoot something.
I've just determined that this lens is amazing. HERE's a post I made in the 3D thread just now, from my first roll.

I didn't realize it immediately, but this camera exhibited the fairly common "mirror-slip" issue, and my mirror was so far out it was hitting the lens bayonet on the way up, so I wasted a roll. The camera was otherwise so awesome, though, that I could not bear to return it to the seller. I removed, cleaned, and re-glued the mirror yesterday, then shot this roll this morning. All seems to be OK (knock on wood).
04-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Todd Adamson Quote
I've just determined that this lens is amazing. HERE's a post I made in the 3D thread just now, from my first roll.

I didn't realize it immediately, but this camera exhibited the fairly common "mirror-slip" issue, and my mirror was so far out it was hitting the lens bayonet on the way up, so I wasted a roll. The camera was otherwise so awesome, though, that I could not bear to return it to the seller. I removed, cleaned, and re-glued the mirror yesterday, then shot this roll this morning. All seems to be OK (knock on wood).
Some excellent shots for sure.
04-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Some excellent shots for sure.
Thanks. Here's my blog post about the repair, if anyone happens to be interested. It's kind of a long read.

New Contax RX + Repair