Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Macro mode limit is definitely 80cm on the X-Pro1. I imagine it's the same on the X100.

Anything closer than 80cm you need to use macro mode. It's annoying as hell, but understandable given the hybrid VF.

04-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
No doubt. But they should try a film camera with no built in meter and I think they'll change their mind.
Film camera? whats that?
04-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Macro mode limit is definitely 80cm on the X-Pro1. I imagine it's the same on the X100.

Anything closer than 80cm you need to use macro mode. It's annoying as hell, but understandable given the hybrid VF.

Yeap, getting the hang of it now, and using the manual mode most of the time... not ideal, but usable...

I just have to remember to change it back to Auto when I pass it to my GF
04-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
EVF or LCD goes without saying in closeup, no?
I agree with is, especially given the amount of composition correction needed to adjust for parallax when focusing close up if using the OVF. However, If someone doesn't have any experience with the X100, this is part of the learning curve. That and using manual focus with the AFL/AEL button to focus instead of the standard half press of the shutter button. It took me quite a bit of trial and error and the reading of blog posts to figure how to work around this cameras quirks. Both Zach Arias and Steve Huff wrote good articles on their blogs concerning this topic if anyone is searching for common tips and tricks of using the x100.

The top 7 complaints of the Fuji X100 and how I get around them. By Steve Huff. | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Fuji x100 :: Review • Photography By Zack Arias ? ATL ? 404-939-2263 ? studio@zackarias.com

« D700 | IKEA it is! »