Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Nikon D80 repair parts?

Hey guys. I picked up a nice old film camera the other day, and decided I was going to go out on a walk, and bring along my D80. I had the D80 on a neck strap, and the film SLR in my hand. After a while, I sort of forgot about the D80 on my neck. I took a shot with the film SLR and brought it down from my eye. The corner of the SLR clips the Nikon D80, and cracks the top display (this screen)
This is not my actual screen, just an image courtesy of Ken Rockwell
It really looks horrible when the display is off, but not so bad when its on. I would prefer for the crack to be non-existent, so I'm wondering if you guys have any idea how much it would cost to repair, or how much the replacement part(s) would cost? The actually LCD underneath is untouched, just the glass/plastic on top is cracked.
Thanks Guys!
TL;DR D80 top display cracked. How much does it cost to repair or find a replacement part?

05-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
To replace the plastic is a matter of pulling off the screen cover since it is secured by double sided tape.
try the following...
Advanced search :: Search results - Ownta.com - Wholesale Dropshipping Leader | Drop Ship | Dropshippers
... a little more than $20
oh and...

http://www.uscamera.com/
I've purchased from them often.

Last edited by MysteryOnion; 05-12-2012 at 04:44 AM.