Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
On a side note, Pentax do need to do away with the idea that Pentax cameras are cheap alternatives to CaNikon cameras. I've run into a few people who've called my gear cheap because it's Pentax. It's cheaper yeah, but it's also better for me, so it'd make no sense to spend more on something I don't want that I wouldn't like as much.
The only guys I heard calling my gear "cheap" are some Canon fanboys I come across during conventions... who, by the way, wield their mighty entry-level body+kits as if they were lugging Phase One's on green mode.

Though I really have to tip the hat for Canikon in video mode. But I'm more of a stills guy now, so I have no complaints with the K-30.... in paper

06-14-2012, 03:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
The only guys I heard calling my gear "cheap" are some Canon fanboys I come across during conventions... who, by the way, wield their mighty entry-level body+kits as if they were lugging Phase One's on green mode.

Though I really have to tip the hat for Canikon in video mode. But I'm more of a stills guy now, so I have no complaints with the K-30.... in paper
I just seem to be unlucky in running into random people who consider Pentax to be cheap. And yeah, it makes me chuckle the number of people you see with a 500D+grip+kit lens or something, who walk around like they're the dog's valuables and all that.

I don't care anyhow, I love using my gear. And the recent revelation of how amazing the M 200mm f/4 is on the K-5 will keep me with Pentax for some time
06-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
I just seem to be unlucky in running into random people who consider Pentax to be cheap. And yeah, it makes me chuckle the number of people you see with a 500D+grip+kit lens or something, who walk around like they're the dog's valuables and all that.

I don't care anyhow, I love using my gear. And the recent revelation of how amazing the M 200mm f/4 is on the K-5 will keep me with Pentax for some time
LMAO haven't heard that saying in Dog's Years

and yep the M200 f4 is a really nice lens, mine will get a workout this week (Bad Religion tonight and Flaming Lips Saturday - both free outdoor events so I will need the length since I didn't apply for Media passes this year)

as for the entry level canon owners who think they have a 1ds aound their neck let em delude themselves, guaranteed 99.9% of the time your shots will be better. .1% of the time they will get lucky and the camera will guess right
06-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There's probably a significant improvement in AF performance--the AF system is inherited from the EOS 60D with nine points, all cross-type, with the center point dual cross-type high precision at f/2.8. This makes it the first Rebel to have all cross-type AF points. Given that the DIGIC 5 processor enables improved AI Servo algorithms, it's likely this will be every bit as good as the 60D in action shooting, if not better (the 60D's continuous shooting rate is just 0.3 fps faster than the Rebel T4i, though the 60D's buffer is deeper). Canon has raised the bar for action shooting performance in entry-level equipment, so let's hope the Pentax K-30's updated AF system and tracking algorithms are just as good...

--DragonLord

Last edited by bwDraco; 06-17-2012 at 08:03 PM.
06-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Meh. If my stupid Canikony in laws point out the video capabilities of their 550D and 5DM3, I will soon just whip out my Nokia 808 + Rich Recording and place it next to my trusty K-x.