Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
Banned

Olympus M.Zuiko 75mm F1.8 Review: Street Shooting in Pudu

QuoteQuote:
Important Notes:
1. This is a user experience based review.
2. All images were shot in RAW and converted directly to JPEG (High Quality) via Olympus Viewer 2 version 1.31
3. General camera settings, Noise Filter = OFF, Contrast/Saturation/sharpness = 0, White Balance = Auto (with an option maintain warm color = OFF), Gradation = Normal
4. Minimal post-processing applied to the images. Only slight tweak of brightness/contrast and minor adjustment of white balance for better overall consistency. No cropping done.

The Olympus M.Zuiko 75mm F1.8 was one of the lenses initially announced during the launch of Olympus OM-D E-M5, alongside another lens, the 60mm F2.8 macro. The 75mm F1.8 lens was officially launched on 24th May 2012, which was about a month ago. Not until earlier this week, there has been no reviews and image samples made available to the public just yet. I was contacted by Olympus Malaysia early this week, and arrangement was made for me to test and review this fresh Olympus 75mm F1.8 lens in the weekends. Boy was I excited ! To go along with the silver lens, I was also loaned the OM-D E-M5 SILVER version.
Robin Wong: Olympus M.Zuiko 75mm F1.8 Review: Street Shooting in Pudu

ISO200, F/1.8, 1/200sec Image Sample 1
Mamak Kecil

100% Crop from Image Sample 1

ISO200, F/1.8, 1/250sec
Religious Father

ISO640, F/1.8, 1/1000sec
Shooting wide open at F1.8, the 75mm lens managed to make the cage disappear completely !! The bokeh-ability is seriously stunning. This is one feat the 45mm F1.8 cannot perform, I am sure of it.