Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
My wife was asking what P/S she should buy if she was going to get one. this and the fuji X10 were the 2 I told her to look at (the X10 because ti has a VF that is pretty decent - the one thing this sony lacks)
My wife just got the RX100 for her Birthday (from me!).

Much as I like the 808, she wanted a camera that looked like one (yes, you're right!).

I must say, it's a blinder. Incredible picture quality surprisingly good and well-stabilised video, well made, just great.

Curious design decision though, if pulls their finger across the shutter quickly and with enough pressure, there will be blood. The bevelled edge on that thing is sharp.

I think the 808 will have to wait. If I want a good pocket camera, I can borrow my wife's, and, seeing as I just got a LG Optimus 3D Max for 3D photographs and videos, she'd think I've gone mad if I bring home another cameraphone.

07-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Wife & Kid's are going to Hawaii in November. I'd get this camera, but she likes to put the one we have now, LCD down. A big no-no from me.
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
The Wife & Kid's are going to Hawaii in November. I'd get this camera, but she likes to put the one we have now, LCD down. A big no-no from me.
You could get one of these (when they become available.. I've asked at my SonyStyle store and they have no idea):

Sony Polycarbonate LCD Screen Protector for DSC-RX100 PCK-LM12
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmmm. Who knew?