Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Banned

Panasonic reveals DMC-FZ200 high-end superzoom with constant F2.8 lens

QuoteQuote:
Panasonic has revealed the DMC-FZ200 - a 24X superzoom with an impressive constant-F2.8 lens and high-resolution electronic viewfinder. That fast lens means that it should be easier to capture high-quality images at the full extent of the zoom, without having to use high ISO settings. It also has a 1.3m dot equivalent electronic viewfinder, as featured in the company's more expensive mirrorless cameras. It also has the ability to shoot at 12 frames per second and can capture 1080p video at 60fps or 720p at up to 120fps.

The camera's 25-600mmm equivalent lens features an improved version of the company's highest-grade Power OIS stabilization system and 'Nano Surface Coating' to minimize lens flare.
Panasonic reveals DMC-FZ200 high-end superzoom with constant F2.8 lens: Digital Photography Review

QuoteQuote:
The Lumix FZ200 we had available to produce this preview was an early pre-production model, so we can't make any assessment of the image quality so far. However, it's fair to say that while the FZ200's handling and operation are very similar to the FZ150, and indeed previous FZ-series models, the camera's true highlights are hidden underneath the hood. The 25-600mm lens with a maximum aperture of F2.8 across the entire zoom range, in combination with the new 12MP sensor promise low light performance that we have not seen so far in the superzoom bracket of the market.

The improvements to the video mode give users more flexibility in terms of video editing and playback and the new high-resolution electronic viewfinder produces a large, bright and detailed image, even in our pre-production unit. We're looking forward to getting our hands on a full-production unit and taking it on a few shooting excursions.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Hands-on Preview: Digital Photography Review

07-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Banned

Original Poster
Hands-on: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 review

QuoteQuote:
Panasonic's FZ200 is the sequel to one of the best bridge cameras we have ever played with: the FZ150. It features a whopping 24x zoom which even more impressively manages to stay at a constant f2.8 aperture throughout. This alone makes it a tempting enough package, add in some other top-end Lumix features and you've got the bridge camera to beat.

The lens on the FZ200 is fairly unbelievable. It runs from a wide 4.5mm all the way to 105mm at F2.8 all the way. The aspherical Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens is also more reminiscent of the high-quality glass found on more expensive prosumer cameras. Sharp and balanced, it is more than enough quality to justify the one-lens-fits-all approach of a bridge camera. Power O.I.S keeps shots wobble free enough.
Hands-on: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 review - Pocket-lint

07-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Back in the early 00s I started with an FZ5, traded to an FZ7, then an FZ8 (over 3 years that is) and then finally traded to the Pentax K200 and up from there.

I found that these little Panasonic 'bridge' cameras were very nice in every way. There are times when I still wish I had one. The EVF meant that you could use the camera in bright sunlight, not as good as an optical VF but not bad either.

I might have to look again at these for my 'snap-shooting' times.

Thanks for posting.
07-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Camera - Preview