Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-17-2012, 04:56 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New deal on Sony RX100

Sony RX100 w/ 2-yr accident coverage: $585 (educational price)
Savings = $155 ($65 off the camera + $90 off the 2-year accidental coverage plan)

Instructions:
Go to the Sony educational store [sony.com] (for college students, faculty, and staff).
From the top menu, choose Shop All > Cameras and Camcorders > Cyber-shot Compact Digital Cameras.
Click Shop Now next to the RX100. Price will be $585.
Click ADD TO CART and choose 2-year Service Plan with Accidental Damage for Cameras and Camcorders. Price will be $585 + $90.
Register, enter a zipcode, and choose your school. If you already have a non-educational Sony Style account associated with your email address, you might need to use a different one.
At checkout, enter "eCoupon" code RX100ESP, and the $90 for the accidental coverage plan will go to $0.
When I tested it out shipping and Tax went away too!

08-17-2012, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #2
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Educational price on a camera? Never heard of that before. I want an educational price on a new house and car.
08-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sony RX100 w/ 2-yr accident coverage: $585 (educational price)
Savings = $155 ($65 off the camera + $90 off the 2-year accidental coverage plan)

Instructions:
Go to the Sony educational store [sony.com] (for college students, faculty, and staff).
From the top menu, choose Shop All > Cameras and Camcorders > Cyber-shot Compact Digital Cameras.
Click Shop Now next to the RX100. Price will be $585.
Click ADD TO CART and choose 2-year Service Plan with Accidental Damage for Cameras and Camcorders. Price will be $585 + $90.
Register, enter a zipcode, and choose your school. If you already have a non-educational Sony Style account associated with your email address, you might need to use a different one.
At checkout, enter "eCoupon" code RX100ESP, and the $90 for the accidental coverage plan will go to $0.
When I tested it out shipping and Tax went away too!
That is a very interesting deal.
How do you actually "qualify" for educational rebate ... I mean, I haven't been in school for quite some time !
Any idea if this applies to US citizens only?

JP
08-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
That is a very interesting deal.
How do you actually "qualify" for educational rebate ... I mean, I haven't been in school for quite some time !
Any idea if this applies to US citizens only?

JP
There were comments on one of the sale/deal forums that it is indeed restricted to US addresses. Not sure and not sure what you would loose by trying to have it sent elsewhere.