Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone notice that the NEX-5R photos have "APS-C" in the bottom corner that Sony usually reserves for the megapixel count?

Is this to differentiate between a 135 format (FF) NEX and the APS-C NEX's or between m4/3 and NEX?

makes me wonder.

08-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Anyone notice that the NEX-5R photos have "APS-C" in the bottom corner that Sony usually reserves for the megapixel count?

Is this to differentiate between a 135 format (FF) NEX and the APS-C NEX's or between m4/3 and NEX?

makes me wonder.
Both, I presume.

By the way, did anyone notice that, according to Sony Alpha Rumors and again with [SR5] label, the first 24x36 E-mount cameras should be high-end camcorders, 24x36 Nex7-like cameras appearing only next year?

(SR5) First E-mount Full Frame cameras are High End camcorders. NEX-7 alike cameras in 2013. | sonyalpharumors

Then the sequence could be:

1/ Late 2012 or early 2013 launch of high-end camcorders with 24x36 sensor and E-mount, using E-mount lenses (such as the new 18-200mm power zoom) directly and in APS-C crop mode and Sony Alpha lenses as well as other cinema lenses with the appropriate adapter (or without any adapter, see below), either in APS-C or Super35 crop modes (roughly equivalent) or in 24x36 mode it the lens allows for it.

For instance Carl Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 lenses cover the 24x36 image circle (they derive from lenses designed for 24x36 reflex cameras) and they exist in native E mount (as well as in Arri PL, Canon EF and Nikon F mounts).

2/ Late 2013 launch of NEX-9 (let us call it so) with a few 24x36 E-mount lenses allowing to use:

- E-mount APS-C lenses in crop mode
- New E-mount 24x36 lenses in "full mode"
- Alpha mount lenses (through adapter) with autofocus (on-sensor PDAF), either in crop mode or full mode according to the lens
- Lenses in third-party mounts through adapters, probably without autofocus (do you imagine Canon, Nikon and so on granting Sony access to their proprietary protocols?), either in crop mode or full mode according to the user's setting.

A highly versatile body allowing to use with their original angle of view any and all lenses out there.