Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-24-2012, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #16

I really like the look of the second white one and the ability to customize with skins is a nice idea, I guess it is just the term "women-friendly" that rubs me the wrong way.

08-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
Banned

Original Poster
pentax x loewe

QuoteQuote:
every bloggers dream has come true. a fashionable yet practical camera bag with an actual matching camera! but, but, but, as a blogger of course i should already have a trusty camera (my olympus EPL2), therefore considerate as they are, the camera bag (which is most likely just a mini version of their existing bags, but i'm still sold) will also be available on its own, and so will the lens case. not to mention, they will also be offering it in black andddd white which is oh-so-perfect for my trusty companion.

This is absolutely the cutest camera set I've seen..! New camera is one of the most I want to get for a while.. Thanks for sharing! xo akiko
Style Imported

So cute! I love pink everything! I think it's great they match, but I'm not sure how good the camera would be? I really like your blog, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too

The pink one is definitely the best colour!
ldmldmldm: pentax x loewe

08-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
puke!
08-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Didn't mean to offend. I don't detest pink. I detest the insinuation that women will only buy something that is frilly or pink or has some pretty design. We don't care about functionality or how something performs. *rolls eyes*
Didn't mean to imply that you offended or that you detest pink. But I don't think there is any insinuation made by anyone that women will only buy pink. However, a lot of women out there do like girly things, and that's what manufacturers target. It seems the inner princess takes over sometimes, no matter how politically correct we like to think we are.

I have two friends that claim they detest pink. And yet both of them ended up buying pink things. One even went on to a cycling forum saying how much she detested manufacturers producing pink bikes, it's blatant stereotyping blah blah blah. Guess what - she ended up buying a pink bike. I asked her why, and she said she liked the bike, and the colour doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Another friend also said the same thing, and ended up ordering a completely pink cycling outfit from teamestrogen. Again, I asked her why, she said she liked the design.

Last edited by Christine Tham; 08-25-2012 at 01:07 AM.
08-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
lol yeah, its pretty insulting - "hey, these tiny pink cameras are for women so they can take photos of their perfume and clothes!" Because it implies that all women are basically idiots who only care about looks and only have the ability to use toy cameras, not real cameras. If you look at ads for DSLR's its usually rugged men doing field work, running around a warzone or something. And sure, the stereotype holds true for some people, but not all, and it definitely should not be the standard we hold them to or a model that they are expected to follow.
Oh, and #9.. now that's a wet dream right there! I guess the women in those photos aren't bad either
08-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #21
Banned

Absolute new Classic!

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Size matters to some woman.

To give this series a boost and add a new classic photo that will last for decades (I hope).

08-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #22
Banned

Original Poster

08-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I think that says it all. Now that's Pretty In Pink! :P
08-25-2012, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I think that says it all. Now that's Pretty In Pink! :P
Then there are those of us who find all that pink completely revolting
08-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #25
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Pink haters? That's hilarious!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Maybe only pretty girls are pretty in pink?
[IMG] [/IMG]

Did I say that!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

She's almost 7 now, and she will have one of those pink Casios, count on it! Maybe a yellow case to match her shades too?
[IMG] [/IMG]
08-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Would have loved to have the Casio when I was taking this shot - would have matched this outfit:

Or maybe it would match this outfit better:

Oh wait I do have a pink camera (NEX-F3) - here it is with a Nokton 35mm f1.2:

A pink Leica M9 would have looked so much better compared to the boring black:

A Nikon D800E makes me look fat:

Imagine how svuelte I would be if I had been using a Nikon 1 (I don't need to carry so many handbags though):

I think she would probably have liked the Casio (oh wait she already is carrying a pink camera):

Maybe she would like it too:

She is ordering one using her phone right now:
08-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Then there are those of us who find all that pink completely revolting
To each their own. I guess I can understand that. I used to totally hate yellow. Lately for some reason it's been growing on me, certain richer shades of it anyhow, still can't stand baby yellow, but I'd pass on a yellow camera or a yellow car. But pink is the color for Barbie that iconic little doll that I dearly love, and pink is the color breast cancer awareness a cause I support. I don't like all shades of pink, mostly it's all about hot shades with me, and I don't think pink is just all about women either. I rather like seeing a man who is secure enough in his masculinity to wear a pink dress shirt or a streak of Pink in his hair.

For me Pink is about going my own way and owning my "girly" side. It's a backlash thing I suppose. I didn't like it for a long time growing up. My first room as a kid was not mine to decorate. My Mom and Dad did it up in pink and red to nauseating degree. Later it was all blue in shades that to this day I can't hardly stand. I had no input whatsoever in fact they refused to let me decorate my room at all even when I asked them in my early teens to let me. I finally rebelled one year while they were away. I stripped my room of all that nauseating blue and went 60's pop colors. Dyed my hair for the first time besides. They absolutely hated it, but that was "me" then and I loved it.

I've realized over the years though that tastes do change. I never used to be a red freak but now I own a red car and I'm seriously wanting the red K-30 so there you go. Red and sporty that's supposed to be a guy thing but I don't care. I do what I want. I don't care what society says I'm supposed to like or not. I just go with what I like. I happen to like hot pink though, particularly when it's paired with black in spots or stripes. Hot pink has always been a fashion thing though and that comes from designers like Schiaparelli using it as their signature shade. Schiaparelli, her stuff it's all tongue in cheek, fun. I think that's where I finally got my "thing" for hot pink though actually. I just love her stuff, particularly her hats...

http://styleredux.blogspot.com/2009/05/schiaparelli-pink.html

Last edited by magkelly; 08-25-2012 at 04:50 PM.
08-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #28
Veteran Member

For me Pink is about going my own way and owning my "girly" side. It's a backlash thing I suppose.
It's kind of similar for me.

I have just turned 48, but I wear clothes like I'm 24, and my inner Princess thinks I am 12.

In a way, the whole girly frilly Hello Kitty thing can be considered a "mid-life crisis" thing for me (well, it's cheaper than buying a Porsche), but I prefer to see it as a celebration of life and the things I like.

As I get older, I realise how precious life is and how easy it is to lose it completely.

For example, this is a photo of my hand after the third surgery on it (I have had a metal plate put in it, then taken out again, I still can't straighten my little finger completely, but I am learning how to play the piano):

And on this photo you can see how scarred my legs are - this is about two months after a cycling accident - I hit the road at 40 km/h, rolled out a fair bit, and a cyclist ran over me. I not only survived, but cycled 10km home after the accident, though I discovered I had lost lots of skin from my legs, my bum, my arm, even a bit from my face :-(
08-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #29
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I guess I can understand that. I used to totally hate yellow. Lately for some reason it's been growing on me, certain richer shades of it anyhow, still can't stand baby yellow,
Love yellow! It's one of my favorites, when appropriate, like on my little Dolly!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Yellow goes well with brown too! ...as in those delicious M&Ms!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Still, if you have big baby blues like this, most any color is going to be perfect!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Casio is on the right track, they will sell a ton of them!

Regards!
08-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #30

I'm seeing a trend towards marketing photography for women. There's a magazine coming out - Pix - that is geared directly at women who are into photography. Cover topics include smudgeproof makeup tips, and accessories for shooting in style. Now there are cameras for girls. Yes, there's a market for it, but I'm not sure they are going about it the right way.

I wonder if Carolyn Cole or Ami Vitale will be buying any of these new models, or subscribing?